New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hi guys, im planning of restoring my kia pride cd5 '94 model, first problem i encountered are the doors, ayaw na i accept ng mga tinsmith dahil sa mga rust sa spots na unrepairable na daw, i've been searching for brand new door shells and i'm just missing the front LH door shell (driver side), and door mechanism (for the window) both at the front. meron po ba kayo mairecommed na shops? i'm not opting for surplus since na-i-budget ko naman yung gastos ko tsaka i really don't trust surplus parts hehe. thanks po dun sa magrereply

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Replacing the whole door with a surplus might come out cheaper & better than having the tin-smith try to reproduce the door manually.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sir, yun nga po balak ko gawin, may makukuhanan na ko brand new door shells from a shop in pasay, out of stock lang sila nung door shell for the driver side, its from korea so orig talaga. rust kasi kalaban ko so i'm making the surplus door shell my 2nd option. meron din po ba yung iba na masuggest na upholstery near paranaque or las pinas? thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    post naman pics of your pride. i love these vehicles. good luck on your restoration!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Maraming surplus na orig jan sa Pasay and sa mga members ng Kia pide club. Maraming maiisusugest sayo. But if you want brand new. Medyo mahal at ioorder pa kahit ano pwede iorder.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    edited post

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    most of my co-members in KPC are using surplus parts to restore their rides. especially yung mga body parts.
    Reasons:
    1. these parts can be visually inspected especially doors and hoods...
    for the doors, majority of the surplus already have their sidings stripped-off so you can inspect even the inner parts.
    2. siyempre, the cost.

ung pagtagal ng life span ng restoration depends also sa finishing eh...at least for the body restoration...yung pagiging detalyado ng painter/restorer will be one of the key factors para tumagal at gumanda ang finished product.

yung pagmo-mold or repair ng parts via tinsmiths is a far third option kasi mahirap maging swak na swak yung repaired part at pwede ding either mas bumigat sya or maging mas mahina sya compared to whole part replacement. you can visit our website listed below for more advice for the restoration of your ride.

http://kiaprideclub.proboards55.com
    http://www.kiaracingteam.com

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Maraming surplus na orig jan sa Pasay and sa mga members ng Kia pide club. Maraming maiisusugest sayo. But if you want brand new. Medyo mahal at ioorder pa kahit ano pwede iorder.
    oo dami nga, medyo swerte lang ako kanina nung naghanap ako, i went along taft, ayun may nakuha naman ako from two shops, 4 brand new door shells. anyway i've made up my mind kasi so i really wanted brand new doors. i asked one of the shops, kung order daw from korea it will take 2-3 months for delivery, buti na lang talaga nakahanap ako hehe. kulang na lang ako ng 1 rear door mechanism at those rubbers at the side of the doors and at the side of the windows

most of my co-members in KPC are using surplus parts to restore their rides. especially yung mga body parts.
    Reasons:
    1. these parts can be visually inspected especially doors and hoods...
    for the doors, majority of the surplus already have their sidings stripped-off so you can inspect even the inner parts.
    2. siyempre, the cost.

ung pagtagal ng life span ng restoration depends also sa finishing eh...at least for the body restoration...yung pagiging detalyado ng painter/restorer will be one of the key factors para tumagal at gumanda ang finished product.

yung pagmo-mold or repair ng parts via tinsmiths is a far third option kasi mahirap maging swak na swak yung repaired part at pwede ding either mas bumigat sya or maging mas mahina sya compared to whole part replacement. you can visit our website listed below for more advice for the restoration of your ride.

http://kiaprideclub.proboards55.com
    http://www.kiaracingteam.com
    thanks po sir sa advice and dalaw po ako sa forums na yan, i really need a lot of tips hehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ok.hope to see you sa forums....hope na makabisita ka dun before you start your project...para makakuha ka ng mga iba pang tips to prepare you
    better sa project mo....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posting pics of your ride before and after restoration would be great.

Good luck to your project!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
pride restoration project