New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I bought it from Prince Motors and did not wait long. As soon as I had my down payment ready, there it was! I took advantage of their 50% down, 12 months to pay, 0% interest plan. It came fitted as a A/T 7-seater with Hankook tires. I have no problems with this tire manufacturer, having previously used its tires on a Feroza I used to drive.

Ooops, this is not my first full-time diesel ride. 14 years ago, we bought a Land Cruiser FJ55 at auction. We took out what remained of the original engine and transmission and replaced it with a C240 engine. Underpowered and noisy as hell but for a time, I had the largest student-driven vehicle on our side of Katipunan Ave.

The RS model would have been fine except that it didn't have ABS. Having inquired if it would be possible to install it on the RS, I was told that it would be difficult to do so, not to mention that the procedure would void the warranty. I was also told that ABS is normally installed during production, all the way in Korea. Is this BS or what?

They seem to be very picky about their 3-year warranty. For example, I inquired if I can have a third party install keyless remote entry. No, they said, we have to do it for you. Same with the audio.

Is there an archive of that Carnival/Sedona thread?

Regards to all!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pauls,
    ordinarily, i'd recommend that you replace the tires, but since you've had previous experience with them, then it's your call. we had, however, a sad experience with the hankooks. the left rear hankook blew out at highway speeds at night. thankfully nothing bad happened. so, we're running on dunlop LMRVs.

the old Carnival/Sedona thread was part of the Anything and Everything Diesel forum in the Kotse Ezboard. dunno if you can still access that board now, coz the Kotse Admins have gone back to their old board. but that was one informative thread.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung ABS is a factory installed option. Talagang hindi pwede ikabit on existing vehicles without entailing large cost and large risk of a failed install...

Congratulations. Dream car ko din iyan dati. Until I found the joys of 4 wheel drive. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pauls,

you can still access the old thread at this url:
    http://pub83.ezboard.com/fkotsemessageboardfrm6.showMessage?topicID=1453.to pic

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd suggest you check your handbrake/footbrake kasi yung sa amin pina adjust namin. Mahina eh. Kahit todo na umaatras pa rin. Other than that , wala na kaming napansin na diperensiya. Enjoy your new ride. Malamig sobra ang aircon niyan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks for the link. Yes, I read these posts before making my mind up. I thought there was another Carnival/Sedona thread aside from this one.

Today, I brought the Sedona to Prince Motors to have its headlights fixed. The repair guy said that it may have been caused by the poor installation of the remote keyless entry system. The Kia warranty covers this fault.

He also notified me that at least 300 Sedonas recently imported into the Philippines may have been installed with electronic control units (ECU) that have not been optimized for use in tropical environments. I strongly suggest that the Sedona users on this board inquire with their Kia dealers about this issue.

He also gave me some advice on diesel maintenance, such as having the air filter and fuel filter cleaned (or replaced) regularly. He also gave me one that I've never heard before he said that I should stick a water hose up the muffler, flush it with water, and rev the engine until all the resulting sludge is expelled.

Regards again to all!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that would be what they call a "muffler wash" (flushing the exhaust pipe with water)... better to have it done at a gas station, unless you don't mind spilling muck all over your garage floor and cleaning up afterwards. there's a thread on that here too, but its under the subject of "vehicular emission tests," i think.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mikey177s right. better have it done at a gas station for less hassle. it should be a routine for diesel rides coz of the additional carbon that's accumulated in their tail pipes. it sure helps reduce the smoke belching.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basta walang cat converter ang exhaust ok na ok iyang wash na iyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, walang catalytic converter yung bagong sedona... already confirmed this with my dealer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
New poster pleased as punch with new ride (Kia Sedona LS)