New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Agreed, and people aren't as snobbish about spending money when it comes to SUVs. That's why I suggesting putting their good engine in the Palisade/Telluride.

Kahit Ford or Chevrolet lang brand people are willing to spend P5M on an Expedition or Suburban, because they recognize that's it's more truck for similar money as they'd get from BMW or Audi. Unlike with cars that if you ask someone to spend over P3M then it needs to aimed at a very specific need (sporty/speedy) or have the brand gravitas to justify the cost (euros).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    at 3million pesoses masyadong mahal itong kia stinger.. add a little and you get that iconic pony.. 5.0 V8!!

pero kung price nila ito for say 2million.. patulan ko yan.. hehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    at 3million pesoses masyadong mahal itong kia stinger.. add a little and you get that iconic pony.. 5.0 V8!!

pero kung price nila ito for say 2million.. patulan ko yan.. hehe
    It’s like saying the Lexus IS350 F Sport (3.5M) is too expensive for what it offers (a RWD compact car with a V6 NA engine). The Stinger has a more powerful engine and bigger interior space. Well, you are paying though for the Lexus brand name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It’s like saying the Lexus IS350 F Sport (3.5M) is too expensive for what it offers (a RWD compact car with a V6 NA engine). The Stinger has a more powerful engine and bigger interior space. Well, you are paying though for the Lexus brand name.

That is the key... its a Lexus... sounds "luxury".. but a kia stinger? Sounds the same as kia rio.. coz kia is still there.. maybe they should have rebranded this stinger.. to catch attention of potential buyers..

heck many gullibles thought subaru was a european brand..

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    YouTube

personal car ni doug d

Sent from my RMX2020 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    YouTube

personal car ni doug d

Sent from my RMX2020 using Tapatalk
    I hope kia launches a "sporty" brand naman.. like what hyundai did with genesis.. focus more on a car with a beast inside

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    I hope kia launches a "sporty" brand naman.. like what hyundai did with genesis.. focus more on a car with a beast inside
    They have the GT models. The Forte GT has a potent 1.6L turbo engine on it, 200hp/265Nm. The same engine is used on the Elantra Sport.

The Genesis line of Hyundai is more aimed at luxury, competing against Lexus. These are mostly big cars with bigger engines. Kia has the K900 premium sedan for its luxury model.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    ^ Baby Stinger ang Forte GT.
    Half the price. Kaso wala pa din makita sa daan. Sayang din.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    baka over priced? but knowing the average buyer more than the extra power they will be more concerned with fuel economy.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Kahit pa gawin nila 1M lang ang Forte GT, hindi yan bebenta.

Most buyers don't want 200 hp. They want diesel and 7 seats and high ground clearance.

Even among sedan buyers, most will go for more established names like Toyota or Honda for a sedan.

The Forte is objectively a good car but without gravitas unlike other options like the Civic RS or Subaru WRX.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk