New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It’s a really good car when we (Sparc, istan, and me) test drove it last year. It is not your usual Asian econobox car, more like an upscale Asian midisize car. The fit and polish is more like a Euro car with its Teutonic interiors.

It drives really well - quick, fast, responsive, composed at high speeds yet still comfortable. It is still the quickest car I have driven with a 0-100kmh sprint of just ticks over 4 seconds. Cars with a lower-timed sprint (below 4 seconds) are already reserved to Euro high-performance cars which are priced 3x or much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Were any of you 3 convinced to buy, bai?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It’s a really good car when we (Sparc, istan, and me) test drove it last year. It is not your usual Asian econobox car, more like an upscale Asian midisize car. The fit and polish is more like a Euro car with its Teutonic interiors.

It drives really well - quick, fast, responsive, composed at high speeds yet still comfortable. It is still the quickest car I have driven with a 0-100kmh sprint of just ticks over 4 seconds. Cars with a lower-timed sprint (below 4 seconds) are already reserved to Euro high-performance cars which are priced 3x or much more.

The same can be said with the Mustang's performance, but that car has appeal which the Stinger does not.

While the Mustang has gotten a bit tacky because of MLMs these days, there's still a special charm when you see legit Mustangs driven by true enthusiasts instead of social climbers.

As much as I'd like the Stinger to succeed, it just doesn't have a big enough target market.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The same can be said with the Mustang's performance, but that car has appeal which the Stinger does not.

While the Mustang has gotten a bit tacky because of MLMs these days, there's still a special charm when you see legit Mustangs driven by true enthusiasts instead of social climbers.

As much as I'd like the Stinger to succeed, it just doesn't have a big enough target market.

Yes, it is true that the big pony has more appeal than the Stinger. For around the same price, you get an iconic ride with the Mustang GT 5.0.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Were any of you 3 convinced to buy, bai?

Oh I was very impressed but I don’t have the budget to buy another car for the same price as two of our rides. Hehehehe

Maybe if it is priced like a WRX, there is a likelier chance I might buy one. Hahahaha

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Jut is right. Kia was not successful in the marketing of the car. You have to peg a name for the car in order to sell.

Just look at the success of the Civic Type R. It is priced around the same as the Stinger but its heritage and marketing made it sell much, much better.

Perhaps if Kia creates an off-shoot brand like Toyota-Lexus, Hyundai-Genesis, etc.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Oh I was very impressed but I don’t have the budget to buy another car for the same price as two of our rides. Hehehehe

Maybe if it is priced like a WRX, there is a likelier chance I might buy one. Hahahaha

You've strengthened its sentence...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Perhaps if Kia creates an off-shoot brand like Toyota-Lexus, Hyundai-Genesis, etc.
    Yeah Genesis isn't working out so well for Hyundai either.

The reality is at this price point, people pay for image and the only people who recognize Genesis as a brand are its employees and Korean diplomats.

Lexus made a name for itself by leveraging on Toyota's reliability and upping it up a notch in terms of luxury via the LS. Genesis tried to do that with a sedan in a time where SUVs are the norm, and the GV80 (their first SUV) might be a case of too little too late.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    kia doesn't need to follow the hyundai-genesis move...

If their success in australia was good. their market moves are actually good. they priced their vehicles lower than hyundai. This is a good recipe imo.

Telluride is selling really well in North America. Not yet sure how the Seltos is doing in NA. So far the reviews are good. but reviews normally don't mean squat for for sales numbers.

They still have 2-3 products do release this year in NA, the Sorento and the Sportage and the Optima( I think the NA market will like this)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    kia doesn't need to follow the hyundai-genesis move...

If their success in australia was good. their market moves are actually good. they priced their vehicles lower than hyundai. This is a good recipe imo.

Telluride is selling really well in North America. Not yet sure how the Seltos is doing in NA. So far the reviews are good. but reviews normally don't mean squat for for sales numbers.

They still have 2-3 products do release this year in NA, the Sorento and the Sportage and the Optima( I think the NA market will like this)
    Yeah definitely the Telluride and Sorento have more chances of success than the Stinger.

In general, sports cars and sedans are on a decline. Might as well have good offerrings in the SUV segment where the market is leaning towards anyway.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yeah definitely the Telluride and Sorento have more chances of success than the Stinger.

In general, sports cars and sedans are on a decline. Might as well have good offerrings in the SUV segment where the market is leaning towards anyway.

The Telluride was ranked by CarandDriver and Motortrend as the best SUV in 2020. Midsize 3-row SUVs is quite a competitive market in North America amd Kia proved its worth on top of Explorers, Pilots, Highlanders, Pathfinders, CX9s, and Ascents.