New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ooops may tinamaan. What i’m trying to say is there are people who still has stigma over korean cars and it may never go away. I have owned and driven korean cars and i can say that they are already at par with their counterparts.

Ayala might have made a mistake of bringing in the top of the line at this stage. knowing how our tax will affect its SRP. They should brought in the 2.0 turbo first.

Sorry na po hindi na ako lalaban Kia Stinger sport sedan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I'd be more interested if those who said they'd get a BMW, a Mustang or Mini actually get one.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Its called sour graping. Because the guy cant afford it. Actually in 1st world countries Hyundai & Kia are already good. Ayala taking over is a good move by them.

I'd have to disagree. It's just a personal choice. And if I had 3.3M, I'd do the same like get a subaru instead of a kia.

Let's not make this thread negative

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Ooops may tinamaan. What i’m trying to say is there are people who still has stigma over korean cars and it may never go away. I have owned and driven korean cars and i can say that they are already at par with their counterparts.

Ayala might have made a mistake of bringing in the top of the line at this stage. knowing how our tax will affect its SRP. They should brought in the 2.0 turbo first.

Sorry na po hindi na ako lalaban Kia Stinger sport sedan

The brand itself, off the lot (fresh from the showroom) is a good car. The problem is the after sales support of the Korean brands (and the Chinese brands as well). The reality is that they are still not on par (at least in our market specifically) with the Japanese brands or even the American brands in our market.

Now, Kia Philippines being operated by Ayala's is a breath of fresh air. But the after sales support needs to be there for more people to actually plunk down the cash to support it.

I have an Uncle who owned a Carens previously. That was a dream to drive (I drove the car when I was with him from time to time) and especially on out of town trips, it beats what was in the current lineup of the Japs. But once there were issues appearing, the after sales couldn't do a darned thing to fix it properly. It comes in with Problem A and comes out with Problem B. And every time you need to have it serviced, it does takes weeks to get it done.

I have another Uncle who currently still owns his Sorento (bought when it was not yet under Ayala) and Kia outright refuses to replace his door under warranty. What is the problem? There is rust formation inside the door panel! And the car is within warranty. How does that make sense? He doesn't even live near the ocean/sea so why isn't it covered?

It also used to purr and was quiet inside the cabin, but now, the engine noise is permeating inside the cabin that he even complains that the Sorento is even louder inside than the previous gen Fortuner that he also owns. Again, Kia couldn't do a thing about it, again while the car is still under warranty.

So the stigma is not for the brand itself but the after sales support for the brand or dealer we have here.

I understand the culling Ayala did to the lineup, it keeps their product line simple at least and maybe, that will allow them to rationalize inventory of parts of the current lineup they have. But what does that mean for those models no longer in their lineup as well? Same quality of service where it takes weeks to have parts arrive before any repair can be done? I think this thought process makes some sense.

Only time can really tell whether Kia under Ayala can turn things around. For the most part, Ford has priced the Mustang so well that it under cuts everything it is up against for what it is. Even now, Covenant can't even match what Ford offers for the price, and I think that's what is holding back any competition from being able to actually challenge it in a price and performance war.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'd have to disagree. It's just a personal choice. And if I had 3.3M, I'd do the same like get a subaru instead of a kia.

Let's not make this thread negative

From the styling alone, the Stinger will likely not appeal to those who want (nor the age, nor even financial group) who wants a WRX or 86 or Mustang. The Stinger seems to be more of an executive GT-cruiser. Similar to the old Nissan Cefiros.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think im just lucky owner of kia cars. I never had a problem with all my kias from 2008 diesel carens, 2010 rio, 2012 kia carnival, 2015 kia sorento, 2017 kia carnival. Parts are easy to find at least dito sa metro manila and its cheap especially those wear and tear parts(OEM pa). Dami ng parts dealer dito sa ncr.
    And the good thing its not casa maintained. PMS are all done outside the dealership. First 10,000km lang nakatikim ng casa pms all my kias.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    From the styling alone, the Stinger will likely not appeal to those who want (nor the age, nor even financial group) who wants a WRX or 86 or Mustang. The Stinger seems to be more of an executive GT-cruiser. Similar to the old Nissan Cefiros.

And do you think that this small pool of 30-40-50 something executives would be more drawn to the Stinger's 3.3 TT V6 over the looks, image, and gravitas of a BMW/Lexus? Or the imposing presence of an Explorer or Prado?

In the first world, the price point of the Stinger is affordable enough for your typical middle-class buyer. Broad enough that even the Stinger's niche market has critical mass. In the Philippines, 3M comes with the expectation that the car should look like it costs 3 million.

For kicks, I showed the pics of the Stinger to a few guys in the office - one has a Prado, the other an X6, and the other a Lexus RX. Comments were permutations of, "Huh? 3.3M for a Kia?"

I think the Stinger is a good car - turbocharged executive touring sedan with great power and good handling. I just think it doesn't pull off the "executive" tag very well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    I think im just lucky owner of kia cars. I never had a problem with all my kias from 2008 diesel carens, 2010 rio, 2012 kia carnival, 2015 kia sorento, 2017 kia carnival. Parts are easy to find at least dito sa metro manila and its cheap especially those wear and tear parts(OEM pa). Dami ng parts dealer dito sa ncr.
    And the good thing its not casa maintained. PMS are all done outside the dealership. First 10,000km lang nakatikim ng casa pms all my kias.

That's good at least on that front for your experience. But to ask, do you still own all those 5 cars or are you swapping out/replacing them with newer model? so from 08 carens to 12 carnival to 17 carnival? and from 2010 rio to 2015 sorento? That's what I am curious about.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    That's good at least on that front for your experience. But to ask, do you still own all those 5 cars or are you swapping out/replacing them with newer model? so from 08 carens to 12 carnival to 17 carnival? and from 2010 rio to 2015 sorento? That's what I am curious about.
    Yung sa akin, I'm selling my 07 carens now but I bought a fortuner last 2017, but if you ask me if I'll buy a kia in the future, it depends if they after sales support improve, but depende yan minsan sa provincial dealer, like sa dealer ko, they employs those student na nag OJT lang, siguro 2 or 3 personal lang ang regular, after 6 months pag balik mo, wala na yung ibang mechanics kasi nag training lang....bad bad bad.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    For 3.3m id get something else that has 370hp....the all new Ford explorer.

But i must admit this car provides a lot of performance for its price segment. If you are in the market for a performance grand tourer and are willing to ignore the badge.... Then definitely this car can make sense for you. Having said that... The description of the kind of buyer for this car easily falls under the very niche category.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; April 5th, 2019 at 02:11 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ooh another midsize sedan! not really the segment that drives sales. though for us car lovers syempre the more choices the better.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast