New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    If these were priced like in the US, around $33k base & $39k GT, they'd really be an attractive buy....but 3.3M????Kia Stinger sport sedan

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    If these were priced like in the US, around $33k base & $39k GT, they'd really be an attractive buy....but 3.3M????Kia Stinger sport sedan

Welcome to the Philippines! Lahat ng kotse mas mahal kaysa sa US.

On the pricing side, the Stinger would go head to head against the Lexus IS350. The Stinger is bigger and packs a more potent engine (365hp). Both are RWD and cheaper than compact Euros (3-series, A4, C-class).

It is well received in the US, AU, and Europe. It takes the fight against the Germans in terms of performance and value for a lot less.

219 Kia Stinger Reviews | Kia Stinger Price, Photos, and Specs | Car and Driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Welcome to the Philippines! Lahat ng kotse mas mahal kaysa sa US.

On the pricing side, the Stinger would go head to head against the Lexus IS350. The Stinger is bigger and packs a more potent engine (365hp). Both are RWD and cheaper than compact Euros (3-series, A4, C-class).

It is well received in the US, AU, and Europe. It takes the fight against the Germans in terms of performance and value for a lot less.

219 Kia Stinger Reviews | Kia Stinger Price, Photos, and Specs | Car and Driver

Solid, yes....but what did the other threads say about the market here? Those who buy Forts & PPVs are branded 'mountaineers'. The impressionable hunt for pedigree. I wish Kia all the luck & success here w/ this 1.Kia Stinger sport sedan

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I agree with Travs - a 3.3M Kia won't sell here. People with 3.3M for a toy car will buy a Mustang, STI, or CTR. If they're looking for an executive car they'll get an IS350 or a 320d. They can even throw in an X1 for a few hundred grand more if they want a CUV.

Let's not fool ourselves thinking that 365 hp is enough to convince buyers. It's never solely about horsepower.

As a daily car, say a Sorento, Sportage, or Carnival, Kia can rough it out with other ordinary marques. But at this price range, it's a totally different market and gravitas is a primary consideration - and this car brand has little of that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I'd be more interested if those who said they'd get a BMW, a Mustang or Mini actually get one.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Its called sour graping. Because the guy cant afford it. Actually in 1st world countries Hyundai & Kia are already good. Ayala taking over is a good move by them.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I agree with Travs - a 3.3M Kia won't sell here. People with 3.3M for a toy car will buy a Mustang, STI, or CTR. If they're looking for an executive car they'll get an IS350 or a 320d. They can even throw in an X1 for a few hundred grand more if they want a CUV.

Let's not fool ourselves thinking that 365 hp is enough to convince buyers. It's never solely about horsepower.

As a daily car, say a Sorento, Sportage, or Carnival, Kia can rough it out with other ordinary marques. But at this price range, it's a totally different market and gravitas is a primary consideration - and this car brand has little of that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    On point, sir.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Its called sour graping. Because the guy cant afford it. Actually in 1st world countries Hyundai & Kia are already good. Ayala taking over is a good move by them.

Like what sir Jut said, if you have 3.3M, would you consider a kia over a BMW, Audi or Lexus? I think this not sour graping. Pero if below like around 2-2.5M, now that a different story.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post

Well, I'd like to know if you were referring to me as "sour graping". Over a Kia? Probably not. And you assume way too much in saying people who critique the Stinger do so simply because they can't afford it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kia PH is under new management. It is part of the Ayala group (Honda, Isuzu, VW, KTM) now.

Hopefully their service around the country will improve, sayang din Kia, they make nice cars but if they keep on giving that kind of service sa provinces, babagsak sales nila.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If the Stinger can't make sales, how about the new Forte GT? It's typically a Veloster in sedan form.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...wer-punch.html

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast