New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi tsikoteers and fellow Kia Owners,

After some online reading about EGR blanking, I've decided to give my ride this mod.
    Now I have a couple of questions:
    1. Anyone here who has done EGR blanking on their Sportage or any similar car (diesel-fed Korean vehicles)? What are your feedbacks so far?
    2. Can you recommend a shop or individual who can help me? I've seen DYI videos but I'm hesitant to do it. Baka mas masira ko lng, at di ko maibalik.

I hope to get it done soon, as I have already gotten 2 incidences of CEL about EGR circuit malfunction, had the solenoid cleaned and OBD reset. Magastos din yung temporary fix, bumabalik after a few hundred kilomrters.

I'll appreciate any help or answers.
    Ride safe everyone.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Up ko lang itong medyo luma ko nang thread.
    Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    You can contact Zix888. He does EGR blanking. He can help you with this.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2X View Post
    Thanks!

Thanks!
    Several Sorento owners have blanked their EGRs and it's a hit and miss thing. some experienced CEL and some didn't.

Thanks!

Thanks!
    Several Sorento owners have blanked their EGRs and it's a hit and miss thing. some experienced CEL and some didn't.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    You can contact Zix888. He does EGR blanking. He can help you with this.
    Thanks, brod raquino.
    I've contacted him (Zix888) last year through PM. He replied that he want to see pics of the engine bay first.
    I sent the pics to him just recently. I still have to hear from him again.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Do I need to have the ECU reprogrammed in case of CEL? Where can this be done?
    Thanks, Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Thanks, Sir!

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks, Sir!

Thanks, Sir!
    Depends, some CEL could easily be cleared by resetting the ECU, this could be done my removing one of the terminals of battery, step on the brakes for a few seconds/minutes (not necessary but speeds up the lose of current in the system) then plug the battery terminal again (What I usually do is step on the brakes for a couple of minutes). If the CEL still pops up then you have to reprogram to ECU or you could install a piggy back system or make some adjustment in the set up so that the parameters are within the acceptable limits allowed by the ECU. I don't know if there is a custom reprogramming for the Sportage but I doubt there is one locally available. Might I suggest resetting your ecu first.