New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sinu-sino ba dyan ang may sportage(gen.1), dito tayo. Usap-usap tungkol sa sasakyan na ito. Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Kelan ba nagsimula itong Gen1, something like '96? Gusto ko pa rin talaga porma nito compared sa mga kasabayan nya, not that too big for an SUV and not too small for a car. Tamang-tama lang talaga.

Parang iba lang yung front grille nya? Anyway I still like this car.

and by the way, for those who would like to get more information on your Sportage check this out.

http://www.kiatechinfo.com/
    Last edited by Taurus; February 13th, 2008 at 01:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    it started at 1996. Cute nga tingnan ang SUV na to.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Kelan ba nagsimula itong Gen1, something like '96? Gusto ko pa rin talaga porma nito compared sa mga kasabayan nya, not that too big for an SUV and not too small for a car. Tamang-tama lang talaga.

Parang iba lang yung front grille nya? Anyway I still like this car.
    It was supposed to be a good car. I say"supposed" kasi the local version was waaaay inferior to the US-spec model.

The company that built the local version (Columbian Autocar) didn't do a good job in assembling these vehicles. They tried to cut down too much on costs to be able to make the model competitive. In 1997, they skimped on paint quality, the fit and finish was bad, they used the trim of the earliest model and cut down on bits and pieces that were integral to the look and sophistication of the car.

That is why almost all the KIAs and Mazdas and even the BMWs that Columbian built had bad paint jobs that faded and also had bad build quality. It's a good thing Columbian closed.

The Sportage I was a good affordable SUV with Lotus tuned suspension. This model was the last of the Mazda-engined KIAs bec when Hyundai bought out KIA to save it from bankruptcy, Kia switched to Hyundai powerplants and platforms which were basically Mitsubishi.

I have a relative who owns a 1998 limited edition Sportage2-door convertible with soft top in Maryland and it's fun to drive.

Boyd

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i drive one. it steers very well. ang gaan dalhin, napaka tipid sa diesel, its around 19km/l. ang dali pa i-maintain at readily available ang parts kasi you can use the mazda's parts. Mine is a surplus unit from korea. At first dami prob sa engine, kasi matagal na ito naka tambay sa korea kaya nag wear and tear na ang ibang parts. As of now, its doing very much ok, lamig pa nang aircon.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the one View Post
    i drive one. it steers very well. ang gaan dalhin, napaka tipid sa diesel, its around 19km/l. ang dali pa i-maintain at readily available ang parts kasi you can use the mazda's parts. Mine is a surplus unit from korea. At first dami prob sa engine, kasi matagal na ito naka tambay sa korea kaya nag wear and tear na ang ibang parts. As of now, its doing very much ok, lamig pa nang aircon.
    yung local ba na sportage may diesel din sir?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *lexter
    sir, i dont have any idea if meron bang diesel sa local unit ng 1st gen sportage. sa gen.2 meron, crdi na.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    the one, what city do you live if you don't mind?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Maaasahan, very cute SUV. Very matipid sa krudo. Pwede pang off-road, ang kapal ng chassis.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sobrang dami nito sa Vizmin. Mostly 2nd hand "Import" from Korea. They are indeed reliable & fuel efficient. But most of these in thousands were part of the so called smuggled vehicles.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Kia Sportage (1st gen)