New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i just caught a news re the recall of kia sorentos in the usa produced between the time frames of 2011 - 2013

i'm not sure if the said model released here is affected but, as they say, to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Kia Recalls 377,000 SUVs to Fix Shift Lever Problem
    Recall covers Sorentos from the 2011 through 2013 model years

Associated Press
    Oct. 15, 2015 9:31 a.m. ET

DETROIT— Kia Motors Corp. will recall more than 377,000 Sorento sport-utility vehicles in the U.S. because the transmission can be shifted out of park when the driver’s foot isn’t on the brake.

The recall covers Sorentos from the 2011 through 2013 model years. The cars can roll away unexpectedly and cause a crash, Kia said in documents posted Thursday by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The problem happens when the gear shift lever is pushed too hard, causing a part in the shifter to crack. It has caused three injuries.

Kia said it began investigating the problem in August when it got a letter from a lawyer saying that a child moved a Sorento shift lever out of park and the SUV rolled in a parking lot, causing an injury, according to the documents. Kia found 54 warranty claims.

The company decided to recall the SUVs on Sept. 28.

Dealers will replace the brake-shift interlock mechanism with improved parts. Owners will be notified starting Nov. 24.

Messages seeking comment were left Thursday morning for a Kia spokesman in California.

—Copyright 2015 The Associated Press
    Kia Recalls 377,000 SUVs to Fix Shift Lever Problem - WSJ
    Last edited by baludoy; October 16th, 2015 at 12:25 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    How to know if our car is within that time frame of assembly? Mine has just turned a year last Oct 3.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mas malalakas talaga cla, nasisira ba naman brake-shift mechanism... mukha for USDM lang.....Korea CBU kasi sa atin, though not 100% sure if those are the only criteria...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I guess "US quality" is no more.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speaking of, anyone got an abs alarm warning light continuously on? looks like this >> (ABS)

wife reported last night that while driving in the rain abs alarm went off and kept on while she was driving. i'm thinking possibly damaged sensor cable that got wet by the rain. or fuse. or sensor. or abs module. sana naman wiring lang, mahal ang abs module e.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speaking of, anyone got an abs alarm warning light continuously on? looks like this >> (ABS)

wife reported last night that while driving in the rain abs alarm went off and kept on while she was driving. i'm thinking possibly damaged sensor cable that got wet by the rain. or fuse. or sensor. or abs module. sana naman wiring lang, mahal ang abs module e.