New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Saludo talaga ako kay Vernon

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Best Cars of 2010 Are From Chevy, Ford, Kia; Can That Be Right?

By Jason H. Harper - Dec 16, 2010 8:01 AM GMT+0300

The Ford 2011 Mustang GT burns rubber. Not only does it offer an incredible 412 horsepower from a new 5.0-liter V-8, the old-school suspension has been tweaked to attack winding back routes. Photographer: Mark Elias/Bloomberg

The front exterior of the Jaguar XJ. The car is long and lean, with a sleek modern design that still reflects the Jaguar tradition. Source: Jaguar via Bloomberg

The Kia Sorento competes with models like the $24,175 Toyota RAV4 Sport and the mid-level $24,600 Honda CR-V EX. Source: Kia Motors Corp. via Bloomberg

Audi R8 Spyder 5.2 FSI supercar is this year's best convertible. Photographer: Daniel Acker/Bloomberg

The 2011 Ford Fiesta subcompact has a five-door hatchback powered by a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine that gets 120 horsepower. Photographer: Mark Elias/Bloomberg

After years of reviewing cars, I’m still surprised at how often I’m surprised. There’s nothing like getting into an automobile with low expectations and exiting with a grin.
    This year was full of happy revelations. My favorite wasn’t a $200,000 supercar, but an innovative, green-mobile from a once ailing-and-flailing U.S. automaker. Likewise I was both bowled over by a slick design that tossed aside mannerly traditions, and a tired old sports car now ablaze with new life.
    Here are the best new or substantially revised automobiles that I drove in 2010.
    Best Sports Car: 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
    The Mustang has reinvented itself more times than Madonna, yet this is the first time I’ve ever truly loved it. I was sure the Ferrari 458 Italia would be my sports car of the year, but after tearing around in the new ‘Stang GT it was clear the democratic $30,000 crowd pleaser will bring more joy to more drivers than the fortunate few in the $225,000 supercar.
    Not only does it offer an incredible 412 horsepower from a new 5.0-liter V-8, the old-school suspension has been tweaked to attack winding back routes as well as Route 66. It gets 26 mpg and even the interior is well executed. Power to the people, indeed. From $30,495.
    Best Executive Sedan: 2011 Jaguar XJ L
    While the executive category is loaded with excellent entrants, the winner was obvious. The Jaguar XJ not only explodes the brand’s design philosophy, it broadsides the classic Mercedes-Benz S-Class and torpedoes the new Audi A8. With a roof that seems to levitate above the long, lean body, it looks unlike any Jaguar before.
    The interior design is unique, with details that would fill a high-dollar watchmaker with envy. Arguably the only better perch than the rear passenger seat is the driver’s. The long- wheelbase XJ drives like an elongated muscle car, most especially in the 510-hp Supersport model.
    It’s the kind of brash but sophisticated design that tastemakers so deeply desire. From $80,575.
    [SIZE=4]Best Crossover/Family Car: 2011 Kia Sorento [/SIZE]
    It’s been a lousy year for people-movers, with no absolute standout. The Kia Sorento had the best car commercial of the year and -- after sifting through the rest of the awkward- looking crop -- it’s also the best fit for families struggling to make ends meet. Korean automaking twins Kia Motors Corp. and Hyundai Motor Co. are coming on like gangbusters, releasing innovative autos stuffed with good technology at decent prices.
    The seven-passenger Sorento exemplifies that ethos. Easily the best-looking non-luxury SUV on the market, it gets 29 mpg and has a 10-year powertrain warranty. While the handling could still use a heavy dose of refinement, it’s hard to beat the package, especially at the price. It’s even built in the U.S. From $21,000.

http://www.topix.com/autos/kia/2010/...jason-h-harper

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Kia Sorento Takes Home Australia's Best Cars Award

SYDNEY – December 1, 2010: Kia’s growing reputation as a manufacturer of quality cars with a strong desirability factor was further underscored this week with the Sorento taking home Australia’s Best Cars award for an SUV over $40,000.
    The SLi Sorento diesel impressed the panel of judges from Australia’s state automotive clubs to win the ultimate accolade for both value and function.
    Kia Motors Australia CEO, Mr M K Kim, said he was pleased with the formal recognition of the Sorento which had enjoyed consistent public and media praise since it was launched last year.
    “The Sorento has been consistently hitting the right note with buyers and the media for almost a year now and this prestigious award is a clear sign that we are offering cars that please both the eye and the heart,” Mr Kim said.
    Accepting the award at Sydney’s Randwick Racecourse, Mr Kim said the Sorento’s win, following closely on the Sportage’s success as Drive’s Best SUV Under $40,000 last week, is recognition that Kia is building cars Australians want.
    “Both the Sorento and the Sportage were optimized for Australian conditions and tuned to meet the specific demands of Australian drivers,” Mr Kim said.
    Kia Motors Australia Chief Operating Officer, Tony Barlow added: “Australian drivers are a discerning group, possibly more so than in any other world market, and they have been telling us that they like what we are doing, both with the styling of the cars and the engineering.
    “To have won awards with two different models is satisfying in that it is always preferable to have more than one string to your bow. That is only going to improve as further new models such as the Optima and next-generation Rio come to market next year.”
    All vehicles across the Sorento range recently received a 2011 model year refresh.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...01/509007.html

Our people may be right afterall.....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Kia Sorento-People's Choice for Automobile of the Year....