New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    1. Is the car worth buying?
    2. Does the car have problems after using it for 6 months? How about then engine?
    3. Does the car really have a problem in the auto transmission?
    4. For short, "sakit ba sa ulo" ang car na ito?

KIA Sorento owners or KIA users, advance thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I'm a happy owner of the 2011 Kia Sorento. My unit is a CRDi EX trim AWD and it hasn't brought any major headaches so far, it's been with me a year already and has 10,000kms on it's dial. about to bring it next year for PMS. so far the only problem I've had was the brake switch which does not affect the braking itself, just the sensor for it to be started with the push button and shifting to other gears, which this issue will be easily fixed as per StarexGold have told me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Just like bro edricdude, 1 year owner, Gas engine naman ako, 10K din Odo reading, no major issues naman, 1st time Kia owner and very happy with the car. Minor issues I encountered are

- Gas cover gets stuck sometimes, but is just a loose fit, easily fixed sa casa
    - Odor coming from aircon at high speeds, which is also fixed sa casa by using their "deodorizing kit"

So far, so good. I like how the transmission becomes more responsive in sport mode and revs higher.

Go for it bro, Sorento has the same tech as the Sta Fe, but IMO more macho looking. Unique pa.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    *MrGunn,
    What is your fuel consumption for the gas sorrento? I'm assuming since you have the gas variant you have a 7 seater?
    When I inquired 5 seater lang daw ang crdi as of now at least.

How are the 3rd row seats and the ride in general?
    tia

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I have the 5-seater gas version bro, from before KIA decided to limit the Sorento variants.

My fuel consumption ranges from 5KM/L in heavy traffic, averages 7km/l on normal city driving, and I was able to hit 10km/l in highway driving. Mind you, my default driving load is at least 3 people at all times, since we use the Sorento for family drives. The 10km/L highway figure is quoted on a full load, 5 people and 1 baby, with full luggage gear at the trunk. As it is, I'm happy with the FC considering my driving conditions. I use Caltex Gold for gassing up. Performance wise, I'm sure the diesel variant will be faster than my car, but the gas variant is no slouch. Was able to hit 205kph already with more rpm to go in the 6th gear, aircon load included. Sorentos here don't have a limiter; at least mine doesn't.

In terms of ride, its harsher than a sedan, but better than Fortuners or Monteros. What I like best is the roominess of the second row. Super comfortable. Can't comment on the 3rd row, since I don't have one.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    - Just had issues with gas cover. Gas attendants pressing it hard when it does not open worsens it. Casas have a fix to it and is just a matter of alignment.

- Had an issue with backing sensor doing the long beep even if there is nothing close. Went away on its own but thinking it will show again.

Other than that. Great vehicle! Quenches the need for speed, looks are dashing and really a car that is good for utility and style.

Been to Cebu a lot and I always see Sorentos on the road. Definitely a seller there. I see more compare to before here in MAnila, but surprised as Cebu seemed to have more than the Santa Fe or Montero.

KIA Sorento 2011 - Is it a good car? Help sorento owners.