New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xelajunatas View Post
    I just finished test driving the Seltos mid trim. Masyadong light ung manubela which is for me eh disadvantage kasi galing ako sa mabigat na manibela ng adventure. Ok naman ung transmission kasi hindi ramdam ung pag shift ng gear. May indication sa display nung pagpalit ng gear. For some naman (like me) eh mas gusto nila may nararamdaman na pitik ng konti ng pagpalit ng gear. Satisfied naman ako sa hatak since 2.0l sya.

By the way the agent told me the imported units were from Korea. Ask ko lang kung ano difference po kaya kung manggagaling units from India v Korea?
    Wow gusto mo ng shift shock and heavy steering...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I just finished test driving the Seltos mid trim. Masyadong light ung manubela which is for me eh disadvantage kasi galing ako sa mabigat na manibela ng adventure. Ok naman ung transmission kasi hindi ramdam ung pag shift ng gear. May indication sa display nung pagpalit ng gear. For some naman (like me) eh mas gusto nila may nararamdaman na pitik ng konti ng pagpalit ng gear. Satisfied naman ako sa hatak since 2.0l sya.

By the way the agent told me the imported units were from Korea. Ask ko lang kung ano difference po kaya kung manggagaling units from India v Korea?
    Siguro yan ang difference ng EPS vs Hydraulic PS. FYI, ang EPS tumitigas manebela habang bumibilis takbo mo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Wow gusto mo ng shift shock and heavy steering...
    ..Medyo boss. he he.

Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Siguro yan ang difference ng EPS vs Hydraulic PS. FYI, ang EPS tumitigas manebela habang bumibilis takbo mo.

Thanks for the new info. May natutunan ako bago. I think this explains alot bakit medyo ayoko ng malambot na manibela kasi I am thinking what if I am already at high speed, nakakakaba na for me?
    Hindi ko lang din kasi na try mag high speed ng husto during the test drive. Therefore mas ok na sa akin kung ung EPS ni Seltos will make the steering heavy kapag high speeds na for safety...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Then don't buy a modern car ...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

light steering?
    jerk-less shifting?
    i like it!

i would expect the korean build quality to be better than india's.
    ...accessories...? well.. there's always that. no tellin' how they will differ, until the car actually comes ashore.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    light steering?
    jerk-less shifting?
    i like it!

i would expect the korean build quality to be better than india's.
    ...accessories...? well.. there's always that. no tellin' how they will differ, until the car actually comes ashore.
    You're right Doc D. I like this unit also. I was able to test-drive the unit again dahil malapit lang ang office ko sa showroom. I tried to drove it at high speed. The Seltos' motor driven power steering control is good and working because I felt na nagiging heavy sya kapag bumibilis.
    Listening to music with volume turned a little bit loud. The sound system is also good coming out of its Pioneer speakers. Sa ibang country kasi eh BOSE ang default speakers, front seats have automatic (electric) adjustments, and they have HUDs, unlike ung variants sa atin eh none. Nope, this is not a deal breaker for me. Therefore the mid variant EX AT is a good choice.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Speakers are upgradable naman. Tapos the halogen low beams can easily be upgraded to decent LED headlight too.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    Speakers are upgradable naman. Tapos the halogen low beams can easily be upgraded to decent LED headlight too.

Tell me where & if they allow halogens to be replaced with LEDs. My 2018 Sportage burned out one of the halogen fog lamps. I was asking them to replace it with LEDs instead. They didn’t allow it since it might affect the harness.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Dealership BS. I ordered mine from China. Luijia X9, H7 LED for my Tucson gen3 high beams and the x10 for fogs. Both 4300K. The x10 is brigther and newer. Just check the bulb mount in your unit. I believe the fog lights are H8

They have a local vendor Ledworks but they don't have the newer X10.

There is a chance of canbus error due to reduced wattage. I had no problems with mine. If mag error adding a simple canbus decoder will eliminate the problem.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2020

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast