Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    planning to buy 2001 carnival m/t next week. any advise? thank you

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_f02 View Post
    Mga sirs, nangyari na po ba sa kia sedona nyo na umipit lang sa neutral di maipasok sa kahit anung gear? ano po kaya ang problem?Thanks
    Ganyan nangyari sa Revo ko nung nabaha. Bale nagdikit yung pressure plates di marelease nung fingers.

Just put it in first gear then click start lang para gumalaw. Ulitin hanggang bumitaw. Isang kadyot lang ha

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Hi Tsikoters,

Are Kia Carnival Surplus (per add, 2006, 2007, 2008 model) still good to buy? How about FC of these cars? are parts available locally? Hope someone can advice specially those that owned a surplus.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hi, tanong ko lang mga sirs kung ano ba itsura ng stock horns ng Kia Carnival 2000 model..? i'm trying to replace ours kasi, and i can't figure out if what's installed now are stock or not. I just need to know if i still need to install the relay or not, currently kasi ung naka-install are two fat Bosch disc horns. Both are wired +/-, walang grounder sa body...well at least not where the wires are connected to the horn itself. My thinking is, if it was indeed replaced already, they might have also installed a relay so no need for me to install it, just connect the wires and good to go.

Any thoughts?

TIA

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hi peeps,

my injection pump failed, as per my mechanic, due to poor diesel quality daw. Now I need to look for rotor head and plunger...aaargh he quoted me 14k, so Im looking for one. My ride is kia carnival 2001 AT. Any surplus shop that you can recommend? Thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Looking for a Blower resistor...saan kaya makabili?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    hey mintoy, have the same experience...i have a 2001 kia carnvial mt, my mechanic advise me to have my injection nozzles be service and calibrated so i did it and it did change, my car is more powerful now and hindi n hirap s akyatan or p-ahon.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Just replaced Air Filter and changed oil. Used orig oil filter bought at Seiring, then oil change at Seaoil using their diesel 15w40 oil (7 liters) . Labor/Oil P2000 + Oil filter P550.

The Carnival gets only about 500 kms a month being relegated to weekend car status so rather than the 5,000 kms oi change milestone, I'll shift to 5 months.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop View Post
    Just replaced Air Filter and changed oil. Used orig oil filter bought at Seiring, then oil change at Seaoil using their diesel 15w40 oil (7 liters) . Labor/Oil P2000 + Oil filter P550.

The Carnival gets only about 500 kms a month being relegated to weekend car status so rather than the 5,000 kms oi change milestone, I'll shift to 5 months.
    Hi Guys,

Need help. Just got a Kia carnival 2006 model 2.9 Diesel AT. Though seller says It's a local variant, I'm not really sure.

When we got the car, it felt a bit heavy, then realized there was a button labeled ECO. When I pushed it, the PWR light came on and I felt more power on the engine. I finally got a mechanic to take a look and here are the problems detected so far.

1. Turbo was disconnected - I'm hoping it's still fixed and it was disconnected for some other reason.
    2. No air filter - Can I buy an Air filter without bringing the car? If so how much and what would the specs be. *leolop, where did you get the Air Filters, what brand/model and how much?
    3. Foot brake not working - No matter how hard I step on the foot brake, it does not stop the car. Hopefully it just needs some adjustment. Regular brakes work fine.
    4. Signal lights not working - Though hazard works fine. According to the mechanic the relays were converted.
    5. There is liquid leaking from the back of the car behind the passenger side tire. - Seems like water but don't know where it's coming from
    6. Wiper sprinkler not working.
    7. Front Air vents are loose. - Although I am able to adjust the vents, they sink down whenever I press on them.
    8. Belches smoke. - When pedal is floored down at below 2k rpm - I'm hoping cleaning the intake manifold fixes it.

On a side note, I'm a bit confused if this is actually a 2006 model. It has the older body with similar to "cat-like" eyes. Not the slightly newer one with headlights similar to the starex 2006 models. This is my 1st Car. I've driven a few Gas powered car that belonged to my parents and so am exited to get this Diesel powered monster up and running. I've heard mostly positive reviews about the Carnival regarding power, fuel economy etc.. but it seems I may have gotten the short end of the stick in purchasing this one. Though I got it real cheap.

I currently reside in Cubao and I had to leave the car with my GF's relatives in Bulacan since I don't have the time to actually work on it. They have a trusted mechanic who specializes in electronics and Diesel driven engines. I want to get the car up and running in 100% reliability condition as soon as possible. However, it would be to much for me to ask my GF's relatives to go all the way to Banawe to buy whatever parts are necessary. I'll need to wait till saturday to go to Bulacan, get the sample parts or bring the car over to Banawe to buy the parts.

Your suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

-Ody

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    It could be a surplus unit and 2006 was the year it was registered in thr PH.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [continued]