New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    I've recently check my fuel consumption for my Kia Rio 2010 model, A/T, after having it undergo full P
    It only registers 6km/l for mixed city driving with highway driving. Any one also experiencing this? Any suggestion on how to correct this?

I also notice that there is moist on the headlights when I drive at night, and claiming headlight warratny replacement from Kia Hotline is very hard,
    although the Kia Dealer had already done several test which resulted to proving that there is really moist on my headlights, does anyone experience this also?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mannoypi View Post
    I've recently check my fuel consumption for my Kia Rio 2010 model, A/T, after having it undergo full P
    It only registers 6km/l for mixed city driving with highway driving. Any one also experiencing this? Any suggestion on how to correct this?

I also notice that there is moist on the headlights when I drive at night, and claiming headlight warratny replacement from Kia Hotline is very hard,
    although the Kia Dealer had already done several test which resulted to proving that there is really moist on my headlights, does anyone experience this also?
    Go to casa and have them check your fc. I have a manual 2010 and i get 8 to 9 kpl which for me is high enough. Your's is bordering on the ridiculous even if it's an AT. On headlight moist, it happens to me but quickly goes away. The headlight and taillight assemblies of the rio are not sealed. Would you believe I removed a dead fly on the left taillight?! Kia and Hyundai appears to have fc issues. Just look at the 2012 rio issues.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    After further testing, my kia rio's fc is now around 8 km for city driving and 10 km for highway driving. I think it should improve further after several fuel re loading since the unit has been stock for a while.

Although I am still hopeful that Kia will make good on their promise on the 5 years warranty and just replace instantly my headlights...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Just an update on my Kia Rio. When I had it tested by Kia Tech, the fuel consumption was 14km/l, they also had replaced the gas pedal cable and which was
    kinda sticky, so everything is well now.

Kia rio2010, automatic, warranty  fuel consumption