New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    kaya pala. re: kia's head designer. sya din ba sa hyundai? parang type ko tucson/sportage
    Don't know if P. Schreyer also collaborate with Hyundai design. One for sure is that Hyundai head studio is in Russelsheim, Germany. Tucson prototype ay ginawa at tested in Germany and possibly Sportage too.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sa totoo lang, nakaka-turn-off naman ang current presyo ng kia. parang overpriced..
    sir, it really was overpriced. hindi po parang
    most of the people here lalo na yung mga magagaling like sila sir GH, will agree with me. i'm not saying we're close to each other but they are the kind of people who gives a professional and trust worthy comments which can give you peace of mind at most of the times

now about the topic. i really feel the sorento being priced at 1.3m is good considering it's a crdi na ----as long as you pay it full and not installment

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I got confused here.

I read in manila bulletin that the intro price for

sorento
    1,595,000 gas
    1,696,000 diesel

soul

deposit
    300,000 for sorento
    200,000 for soul

tapus pre selling price
    sorento
    1,295,000 gas
    1,395,000 diesel

soul
    875,000 1.6L

pano yun? if you deposit 200k for the soul bali dapat 675k nalang diba kasi nakalagay 1,075,000 intro price tapus 875k pag mininus mo 200k ang labas 875k. same with the sorento.

here is the article btw
    http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/248457...s-sorento-soul

but for me I like both Sorento and the Soul. From What I read and heard about Korean cars. A Lot of Filipinos still see kia and hyundai as different car makers. they say to better get hyundai over kia. But really its the same maker. Same also to Chevrolet (asian model). Its daewoo under the hood. Also in comparison over Toyota Fortuner and kia Sorento. If you really take it to the test over performance the sorento wins a mile. It just got the "KIA" badge. You know the mentality of people. Basta toyota subok na. Yes it's true but why not give korean cars a try and find out.

I'm not a fan of Kia btw but I own a kia and for 5 years It never given me a headache.

As for pricing. Kia Philippines needs a new local distributor. Masyadong old fashioned ang marketing.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Eto lang comment ko since kakabili ko lang nang Sorento about 2 weeks ago...

Mahal ang Kia if you buy it cash, syempre mas mahal ang Cash price nya against Sta Fe, Montero, Fortuner etc..etc..

Pero pag nag financing ka it's a different story. Mas mura ang Sorento pag financing compared others pag financing din. Di lang kasi ako sa Kia nag pa compute at nag paaprove eh... Actually i was approved by Hyundai 3 branches Sta Fe or Tucson, I was approved by Mitsubishi 2 branches Montero, I was approved by Suzuki 1 branch Vitara.

Syempre nagpacompute ako sa Montero, Vitara, Sta Fe, Tucson at Ford Escape, 20% DP at 5 years. After doing all the Math, lets just compare it sa ka Category nya which is Montero and Sta Fe.. Mas mahal ang Sta Fe at Montero kesa sa Sorento given na mas mahal ang SRP nang Sorento. Reason why? Daming pwede at kayang ibigay na Discount at Promo nang Kia na di naka announce sa public...as proof those who wanted para maniwala kayo i can show you all computations given to me by different casa and branches...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925 View Post

Mahal ang Kia if you buy it cash, syempre mas mahal ang Cash price nya against Sta Fe, Montero, Fortuner etc..etc..

Pero pag nag financing ka it's a different story. Mas mura ang Sorento pag financing compared others pag financing din. Di lang kasi ako sa Kia nag pa compute at nag paaprove eh... Actually i was approved by Hyundai 3 branches Sta Fe or Tucson, I was approved by Mitsubishi 2 branches Montero, I was approved by Suzuki 1 branch Vitara.

Syempre nagpacompute ako sa Montero, Vitara, Sta Fe, Tucson at Ford Escape, 20% DP at 5 years. After doing all the Math, lets just compare it sa ka Category nya which is Montero and Sta Fe.. Mas mahal ang Sta Fe at Montero kesa sa Sorento given na mas mahal ang SRP nang Sorento. Reason why? Daming pwede at kayang ibigay na Discount at Promo nang Kia na di naka announce sa public...as proof those who wanted para maniwala kayo i can show you all computations given to me by different casa and branches...
    Sir please pm me the computation. TIA

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the preselling price of the sorento is a good bargain. It also destroyed the value of my sportage that I purchased last year.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925 View Post

pm to me too pls. thanks!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uwak18 View Post

but for me I like both Sorento and the Soul. From What I read and heard about Korean cars. A Lot of Filipinos still see kia and hyundai as different car makers. they say to better get hyundai over kia. But really its the same maker. Same also to Chevrolet (asian model). Its daewoo under the hood. Also in comparison over Toyota Fortuner and kia Sorento. If you really take it to the test over performance the sorento wins a mile. It just got the "KIA" badge. You know the mentality of people. Basta toyota subok na. Yes it's true but why not give korean cars a try and find out.
    Yes Hyundai & Kia cars are the same body dressed up differently. Old Tucson & Sportage share the same engine, steering system etc. This also applies to the New Tucson & to be release Sportage.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    sorry double post, connection speed, server uploading sucks!!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828 View Post
    pm to me too pls. thanks!
    Sir,

I posted the computation here sa thread, just go back a page or two.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
kia pre-selling?