New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    leverage... case to case basis.. Binili ko unit ko sa Kia Greenhills.. So far wala akong problema sa Kia Pasay.. I had a service before sa Kia Pasig and Kia Quirino.. For me, mas comfortable ako sa Kia Pasay...

IMHO, mas better pumili ka ng dealer na may kampante ka magpagawa at may tiwala ka sa dealer..

ask ko lang-- ok lang ba magdala ako oil for sa casa? i'm thinking of using brands na sure ako fully synth or tiwala na ako--like delvac1/motul/royal purple.... ok ba hks? 8 liters ang capacity nito, kaya 2 gallons.

or di kaya kung di maleless, i-uwi ko nalang ung langis sa casa, at ung binili ko oil ang ilagay?

note: under warranty unit ko.. 5 years daw so till 2016.... malabo ako maka 160,000 kms... malaki na 1000/mo ang natatakbo ng sasakyang to..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    leverage... case to case basis.. Binili ko unit ko sa Kia Greenhills.. So far wala akong problema sa Kia Pasay.. I had a service before sa Kia Pasig and Kia Quirino.. For me, mas comfortable ako sa Kia Pasay...

IMHO, mas better pumili ka ng dealer na may kampante ka magpagawa at may tiwala ka sa dealer..
    Same here bought my unit at Kia Greenhills = plates released in less than a month , maayos at madali kausap manager. Service at Kia Pasay very accommodating and knows what they are doing. Solved all my rattling issues of the car and programmed my auto lock and unlock feature in just 20 minutes. Kudos to Kia Pasay they will not stop until they find the solution to the problem. Matiyaga talaga sila sa Warranty support. They will not give you B.S. excuses.

Kia does not offer free 1st and 2nd PMS labor for their units so it does not matter where you go for service. Anyhow you have to pay for the labor.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    ask ko lang-- ok lang ba magdala ako oil for sa casa? i'm thinking of using brands na sure ako fully synth or tiwala na ako--like delvac1/motul/royal purple.... ok ba hks? 8 liters ang capacity nito, kaya 2 gallons.

or di kaya kung di maleless, i-uwi ko nalang ung langis sa casa, at ung binili ko oil ang ilagay?

note: under warranty unit ko.. 5 years daw so till 2016.... malabo ako maka 160,000 kms... malaki na 1000/mo ang natatakbo ng sasakyang to..
    They still stick with their tried and tested Kia oil supplied by petron as I already inquired about this before with their service. Kapag nagkaproblem daw engine baka raw masilip ang oil and mavoid warranty. Nasa drum ang oil nila so mahirap ata iuwi hehe. I am not sure with other service center kung papayag sila. Gusto ko rin sana gumamit ng ibang oil but was discouraged.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys. Just had my 2011 Kia Carens LX AT serviced for its 5,000km PMS at Kia Sto. Tomas Batangas. Was suprised to
    find out that I had to shell out 9,700 if i were to choose a fully synthetic oil or around 6k plus for the regular oil. They
    charge around 2,500k (labor), 480 for the brake cleaning etc. Would just like to ask if other service centers/casa, charge the same amount? I intend to follow the every 5,000PMS as not to void my 5 year warranty but it would seem that the
    supposed savings and peace of mind that you will get from having that longer warranty will be offset by the high charges you assume during your PMS. Thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    My labor charge is 1,200 Pesos Gas engine. Note sure about the diesel.
    Quote Originally Posted by drkiko View Post
    Hi guys. Just had my 2011 Kia Carens LX AT serviced for its 5,000km PMS at Kia Sto. Tomas Batangas. Was suprised to
    find out that I had to shell out 9,700 if i were to choose a fully synthetic oil or around 6k plus for the regular oil. They
    charge around 2,500k (labor), 480 for the brake cleaning etc. Would just like to ask if other service centers/casa, charge the same amount? I intend to follow the every 5,000PMS as not to void my 5 year warranty but it would seem that the
    supposed savings and peace of mind that you will get from having that longer warranty will be offset by the high charges you assume during your PMS. Thanks in advance.

I hope current owners update this thread, especially those who own diesel variants. I'm curious as to the cost of diesel PMS.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    [==============================================]
    5000 Kms
    DEALER: Kia Las Pinas (along Zapote Road)
    MODEL: 2012 Sportage CRDi R-eVGT 4x2

Cost Breakdown:

Labor Charges Due - 1,000.00 Php
    Oil Filter - 892.86 Php
    Brake Cleaner - 250.00 Php
    Shop Supplies - 422.50 Php
    ---------------------------
    SubTotal - 2,565.36 Php
    + 12% VAT
    = 2,873.20 Php

Parts & Engine Oil:
    Two (2) 4L of Zic UP 10W-40 Semi-synthetic Oil - 1,650.00
    One (1) 1L of Zic UP 10W-40 Semi-synthetic Oil - 225.00
    --------------------------
    = 1,875.00 Php

Total Amount Due: 4,748.20 Php

Not bad for a diesel. Kia LP allowed me to bring my own oil at no cost which is great. PM me for referrals to my SAs

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fleas2016 View Post
    5000 Kms
    DEALER: Kia Las Pinas (along Zapote Road)
    MODEL: 2012 Sportage CRDi R-eVGT 4x2

Cost Breakdown:

Labor Charges Due - 1,000.00 Php
    Oil Filter - 892.86 Php
    Brake Cleaner - 250.00 Php
    Shop Supplies - 422.50 Php
    SubTotal - 2,565.36 Php
    + 12% VAT
    = 2,873.20 Php

Parts & Engine Oil:
    Two (2) 4L of Zic UP 10W-40 Semi-synthetic Oil - 1,650.00
    One (1) 1L of Zic UP 10W-40 Semi-synthetic Oil - 225.00
    --------------------------
    = 1,875.00 Php

Total Amount Due: 4,748.20 Php

Not bad for a diesel. Kia LP allowed me to bring my own oil at no cost which is great. PM me for referrals to my SAs

Hi! I own a 2012 kia sportage diesel(same specs as yours) . Had it serviced at Kia Alabang. Here is the breakdown of the PMS:

Labor (includes fees for the pms and cleaning of front brakes) 1400.00
    Oil filter 890.00
    Engine Oil 2000.00
    Brake Cleaner 250.00
    Miscellaneous 180.00

A total of P 4,720.00

Do Kia LP used all of the 9 liters of the engine oil you brought? Beware, because it is specified in the owner's manual that engine oil capacity is only 8 liters. I also asked them if I can bring my engine oil of choice and they said yes. But they also told me that warranty that might connect with the engine will be void. So I decided to use their oil, low cost naman at hindi pa maapektuhan yung warranty. The service there is great! Staffs are very accommodating and the service is quickly done. May nakita pa kong banner saying sila pala yung outstanding after-sales in metro manila for the year 2011.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sportage 2.0 AWD
    ===================
    7,504km
    Acquired: Kia Tiendesitas
    PMS * Kia Pasay
    ===================
    Labor : P1,000
    Labor clean front disc and pads: P350
    Labor clean rear brakes: P450
    Miscellaneous: P100