New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Okay, so I've decided to keep track of my fuel consumption on a per-trip basis based on the readings on the display panel. Yung manual computation gagawin ko lang everytime ako magpapa-full tank ng gas.

This is for a 2012 Kia Rio 1.4 EX AT Sedan

FUEL - What fuel is loaded in my tank
    KM REMAIN - estimate of how many km the car can still travel based on the amount of gas in the tank (from the display)
    ODO - odometer reading (from the display)
    T.HRS - trip travel time (in hours; from the display)
    T.MINS - trip tavel time (in mins; from the display)
    TRIP (KM) - distance of trip (from the display)
    AVE KPH - average speed of trip (from the display)
    MANUAL KPH - manual computation of average speed (travel distance divided by travel time)
    L/100KM - average fuel consumption during the trip (from the display)
    KM/L - conversion of the fuel consumption to km/L
    MANUAL KM/L - distance travelled since last full tank divided by liters of gas needed to refill to full tank

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ouch, ampanget ng formatting :p

(edited it to embed an image of the spreadsheet instead of text)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    2012 Carnival 2.9 EX LWB, a/t CRDI

Measured consumption was based from actual trip meter reading and fuel consumed after full tank, within a period of 1 week.

Route: Sta Rosa Laguna along Paseo, Nuvali Area to Makati via Skyway vice versa.

Estimated city / highway mileage ratio, 1:4 or 25% city, 75% highway.

Average highway speed: 90 - 100 kph

Odo reading: 600 kms. Fuel consumption: 10.2 kms / liter

Odo reading: 3,600 kms. Fuel consumptio: 11.14 kms / liter

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ride: Kia Sorento SX
    Year: 2013
    Displacement: 3.6L
    Engine Configuration: V6 AWD
    Fuel Consumption:
    -City: 12L/km (8.3km/L)
    -Highway: 9.0L/100km (11.11km/L)

I tested the highway driving last wednesday when we went to a nearby city 250kms away. All the time i'm on 100kph, no passing and being light footed. That's the best I got though (11.11km/L)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2012 sorento lx 2.2 crdi
    fuel: unioil euro4 diesel
    nlex and sctex
    readings were taken at constant speed for at least 2 minutes, level road.

6.9L/100km or 14.5km/L * 120 kph (using the sorento's speedometer)
    7.3L/100km or 13.69km/L * 140 kph
    7.5L/100km or 13.33km/L * 150 kph
    12.9L/100 km or 7.75km/L * 190 kph

top speed attained was 196kph (measured by GPS, 200+kph using the sorento's gage). kaya pa siguro faster than that kaya lang i ran out of level road, downhill na so i eased up on the pedal.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JAA View Post
    2012 Carnival 2.9 EX LWB, a/t CRDI

Measured consumption was based from actual trip meter reading and fuel consumed after full tank, within a period of 1 week.

Route: Sta Rosa Laguna along Paseo, Nuvali Area to Makati via Skyway vice versa.

Estimated city / highway mileage ratio, 1:4 or 25% city, 75% highway.

Average highway speed: 90 - 100 kph

Odo reading: 600 kms. Fuel consumption: 10.2 kms / liter

Odo reading: 3,600 kms. Fuel consumptio: 11.14 kms / liter
    have you tried it city/traffic already? I am getting ave of 6 only for city/traffic and get the same as you for hiway driving

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    2013 facelifted sorento lx 2.2 CRDI

i pumped in 12 liters of diesel and drove south towards santa rosa. top speed was 150kph on a short stretch in slex. total mileage from 12 liters was approximately 120kms. manual computation was based on a fuel up when the low fuel inidcator light turned on, fueled up and used up all the fuel until the lo fuel indicator lights up again,

so that's average FC of 10kpl, which is 80 percent hiway and 20 percent city with very light traffic. what i don't understand is that my trip computer average was 7.8li /100 kms or that should be 12.5kms per liter. can anyone enligthen me on how the average FC on the trip computer works ?

tnx

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi! Mga Bro, pano ba maimprove ang FC ng Kia Rio 2010 A/T? Parang 5km/liter lang ako, although may mga waiting time ako inside the car. Pano din pag clear ng memory ng winterpine alarm at re associate mga remote? Nawala kasi yung isa kong remote. Sana mag mag post ng manual. Thanks in advanced!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    2010 sorento 2.2 crdi
    pure city driving..6.75km/L

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Kia Motors Corporation's US and Canadian sales subsidiaries have initiated a voluntary campaign to correct fuel economy ratings for approximately 350,000 vehicles sold between 2010 and 2012, re-label all affected vehicles currently in North American showrooms, and provide monetary reimbursement to all affected current and former customers. This action follows discussions with the US Environmental Protection Agency concerning procedural errors at the joint Hyundai-Kia testing operations in Korea that led to incorrect fuel economy ratings for certain Kia models.

The fuel-economy ratings in question affect only vehicles sold in North America (and some unincorporated US territories). All Kia cars sold in other regions of the world have been properly certified with correct fuel-economy ratings by each respective certification agency. Meanwhile, immediate steps are being taken at our testing facilities to make the necessary corrections to the EPA-related fuel-economy testing process so that this type of procedural error does not happen again in the future.

Kia Motors Corporation will continue to advance improvements in the fuel economy of our entire global lineup of vehicles through technological innovation.
    Kia distributor issues statement on US-market fuel-mileage fiasco - News | TopGear.com.ph

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Kia Fuel Consumption Database