New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Anybody encountered the same problem?
    First. Kia kc2700 2.7 natural asp engine.odo 13th. Engine start to shut down while cruising at 40 kph.
    2nd kia Sorrento crdi diesel. Fuel pressure problem. Stalling issues at 45th odo.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinworld View Post
    Anybody encountered the same problem?
    First. Kia kc2700 2.7 natural asp engine.odo 13th. Engine start to shut down while cruising at 40 kph.
    2nd kia Sorrento crdi diesel. Fuel pressure problem. Stalling issues at 45th odo.
    haven't experienced those kind of problems with our Kia's. We have a Kia Besta 2.7 (has also the same engine of the Kc2700- Kia J2 Diesel engine) on its 150,000+ kms. mark. still runs smoothly and pulling power is consistent through the years (but there is sometime when I'm cruisin at a speed of 80kph, when I disengaged the 5th gear turn to neutral -- engine shut off suddenly, I found out the reason that it was not warmed-up properly) while on our Kia Pregio 3.0 clocked at 200,000kms (JT diesel engine) still can hit 130kph on expressways with breeze. Maybe try to warm it fully before driving operation, check the fuel you are using or maybe the tank is already contaminated with dirt or water, Injectors maybe, it should need to clean up or to calibrate.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    So far so many problems with my cebu casa maintained kia kc2700:
    Aircon failed every 6 months. 10th every visit
    Alternator failed and replaced at 12000 odo. Spent 12th
    Front disk rotor replace at 9000 odo. Spent more than 10th.
    Drive home several times with brakes suddenly not working
    Stalled several times on the road. Push started several times in the middle of the road.
    Cannot start one time even with push start.
    Sold the car at 22th odo
    BTW. Kia cebu also owns BMW and Peugeot cebu

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Looks like a dealer problem to me. My uncle's 4x4 K2700 (J2 engine) never had an alternator or aircon problem and it is already nearing 100,000kms. The factory-installed tint is already faded but the aircon can still compensate. So far the only consumables replaced:

Fuel filter every 20k kms although he DIY'ed an in-line fuel filter that he replaces every oil change (the small fuel filters sold at P70 in auto supplies)
    Oil and oil filter changes every 5k kms.
    Brake pads and shoes every 30k kms.
    Clutch disk, clutch cover and release bearing at 40k and 80k kms.
    Looks like the rear axle bearings are due for replacement nearing 100k kms.

We even switched cars when I needed to drive from Manila to Tacloban to send in goods and ferry people out, which included carrying my somewhat heavy motorcycle. Never gave me a problem on that long trip.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinworld View Post
    So far so many problems with my cebu casa maintained kia kc2700:
    Aircon failed every 6 months. 10th every visit
    Alternator failed and replaced at 12000 odo. Spent 12th
    Front disk rotor replace at 9000 odo. Spent more than 10th.
    Drive home several times with brakes suddenly not working
    Stalled several times on the road. Push started several times in the middle of the road.
    Cannot start one time even with push start.
    Sold the car at 22th odo
    BTW. Kia cebu also owns BMW and Peugeot cebu
    mukhang lemon ang nakuha mo sir or the casa is not doing a good maintenance job to your unit..(baka lang po) tsk, tsk.