New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I bought a Carnival from Kia Cebu last Feb. 2013. After just 2 months, the brakes judder due to warped rotors. Had to wait NINE (9) months for the new rotors to arrive in Nov last year. After "new" rotors installed, we noticed the brakes weren't smooth or even. We thought it needed to bed in because the rotors are quite new & the brake pads were a bit worn. Then juddering came back a month later and worse than before. I suspect they never replaced the rotors. We also noticed another problem of cracking or clicking metal-to-metal sound when turning the steering wheel.

We sent the unit back last Jan. 15 to time it together with the PMS and avoid sending the unit back and forth. Kia Mandaue said they'll request the rotors to be replaced "again" under warranty. They also found out that an axle bearing was defective causing the cracking/clicking sound. I was asked to test the unit some time mid-February and found out the juddering went away when braking at speeds 40kph & below. But it was still very evident when braking above 60kph. I later found out that they only replaced the left rotor. Then they promised to request to replace the right rotor. Note that this is already over a month after the unit was sent for repairs.

They said that the axle bearing replacement had to come all the way from Korea as this was their first time to encounter this issue.

The other week, they sent me an SMS saying that the parts will SURELY arrive last week. When I visited the dealer on Saturday, the parts never arrived. Now, the dealer confessed that they're being sanctioned for an unspecified reason and all their ordered parts are on HOLD. Because of Columbian's action, customers even on warranty are being held hostage.

We have been buying Kia vehicles since 2004 and this is our 9th. Never again! Their 5-year warranty is a HOAX!

Maybe burning this car in front of their dealership will get Columbian's attention.

Thanks for reading. I hope people in Columbian will read this post.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    there's Kia Motor Philippines FaceBook page, try sending in your concern thru there....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for the info.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselx View Post
    I bought a Carnival from Kia Cebu last Feb. 2013. After just 2 months, the brakes judder due to warped rotors. Had to wait NINE (9) months for the new rotors to arrive in Nov last year. After "new" rotors installed, we noticed the brakes weren't smooth or even. We thought it needed to bed in because the rotors are quite new & the brake pads were a bit worn. Then juddering came back a month later and worse than before. I suspect they never replaced the rotors. We also noticed another problem of cracking or clicking metal-to-metal sound when turning the steering wheel.

We sent the unit back last Jan. 15 to time it together with the PMS and avoid sending the unit back and forth. Kia Mandaue said they'll request the rotors to be replaced "again" under warranty. They also found out that an axle bearing was defective causing the cracking/clicking sound. I was asked to test the unit some time mid-February and found out the juddering went away when braking at speeds 40kph & below. But it was still very evident when braking above 60kph. I later found out that they only replaced the left rotor. Then they promised to request to replace the right rotor. Note that this is already over a month after the unit was sent for repairs.

They said that the axle bearing replacement had to come all the way from Korea as this was their first time to encounter this issue.

The other week, they sent me an SMS saying that the parts will SURELY arrive last week. When I visited the dealer on Saturday, the parts never arrived. Now, the dealer confessed that they're being sanctioned for an unspecified reason and all their ordered parts are on HOLD. Because of Columbian's action, customers even on warranty are being held hostage.

We have been buying Kia vehicles since 2004 and this is our 9th. Never again! Their 5-year warranty is a HOAX!

Maybe burning this car in front of their dealership will get Columbian's attention.

Thanks for reading. I hope people in Columbian will read this post.

May LEMON LAW na Bro. Tapos na kalokohan araw nila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by soul12 View Post
    May LEMON LAW na Bro. Tapos na kalokohan araw nila.
    Sadly the recently passed law does not cover his vehicle as the said law only protects vehicle buyers whose units are less than 12 months old. He bought his carnival in february 2013 yet.