New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hello Tsikoters. I have a Feb 09 Carnival LWB EX. I have a problem with my radio presets being erased each time I shutdown the engine. The radio is the clarion stock. Each time I start the engine all the presets are gone and I am stuck with the dreaded 87.5 radio station when I turn on the radio. The wierd thing is that the clock on the dash doesn't reset. Does any one else have this problem? How did you fix it?

Thanks and peace to all

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Is this a new problem? There's usually a positive lead to keep the presets but it's usually along the line of the clock so your problem is kind of weird since the clock seems fine.

Since it's new, bring it to the casa or give your Service Manager a call.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rom3r View Post
    Hello Tsikoters. I have a Feb 09 Carnival LWB EX. I have a problem with my radio presets being erased each time I shutdown the engine. The radio is the clarion stock. Each time I start the engine all the presets are gone and I am stuck with the dreaded 87.5 radio station when I turn on the radio. The wierd thing is that the clock on the dash doesn't reset. Does any one else have this problem? How did you fix it?

Thanks and peace to all
    imho, may there is something wrong with the power source of the HU.. May ginagawa ka bang upgrade... better bring it to your casa to have it check.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks HP and Imperial. It seems that this is not a common occurence and is specific to my unit. I will have them check it when I have the 5k service check (I currently only have 1.5k). I havent made any modifications and the clarion is the stock radio. It really baffles me that the clock isnt resetting while the radio does. Anyway I'll let you know what the casa says.

peace

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    your radio is probably connected improperly. it actually has two power lines. the first passes thru your accessory circuit in your ignition key assembly, and powers on only when the ignition switch key is set to the first click. that way, you can listen to the radio even with the engine off, but not when you pull the key off. the second power line is another wire that is directly connected to the power source (the battery) without passing thru the ignition circuit. this second power line feeds power to your radio's memory only, so it doesn't forget your presets. but it does not power the rest of the radio, so you can't listen to the radio when the ignition key is pulled out. someone disconnected this second power line. that is why, whenever you turn your engine off, all power to the radio is lost. it is the duty of the second power source to keep power flowing to your radio, so its memory doesn't forget your presets. it's not difficult to look for this wire. sometimes, it's just there behind the radio, waiting to be connected. heck, it probably shares the same wire that powers your clock. because the radio will play music with only the first power line, improperly trained workers will forget to re-connect this second line. yes, it's a common complaint.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rom3r View Post
    Thanks HP and Imperial. It seems that this is not a common occurence and is specific to my unit. I will have them check it when I have the 5k service check (I currently only have 1.5k). I havent made any modifications and the clarion is the stock radio. It really baffles me that the clock isnt resetting while the radio does. Anyway I'll let you know what the casa says.

peace

saan ka ba ng pa pms? go to kia pasay.. wala naman masyadong tao dun, para macheck agad..

ako nga kanina, yung steering wheel ko may squeeking sound. But after a while nawala.. So under observation ko before ko idala sa casa.. Maybe na excite kasi manood ako ng transformer 2...