New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi Kia-Carens Owners,

I bought carens for my wife last January 2008, pansin ko lang a few months back when I drove it na may problem sa rear (right) suspension. meron thud sound (metal-to-metal) everytime malubak or roll-off sa (non-standard - manipis & mataas - madami dito sa bf nun) humps. I brought it twice na sa kia alabang but it seems that they can not identify and fix the problem. I'm getting worried kasi baka anong mangyari sa suspension pag medyo mabilis ang takbo (hindi kasi ramdam minsan na mabilis na takbo with the carens ).

would like to know based on your previous PMS if anong kia service center branch ang pinakamahusay. observing the service people at the alabang service branch, parang hindi pa nila kabisado ang specifics nung car. it looks like they dont' know which part to un-screw to check on the problem. Scheduled na ulit for the 15K PMS and I want to have the suspension re-checked. i've checked some forums and Kia Pasig seems to have good feedback, tama po ba?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    to c5075921,

I had the same problem before. It was also on the right side, rear suspension. I brought my carens to Kia congressional. The problem was fixed by placing an ordinary garden hose made of hard rubber-plastic combo, covering the coil spring. this to prevented the almost metal to metal contact between the coil spring and the base of the coil spring housing.

so far, around 3000 km since the time i brought it there, mukhang naayos yung defect. You bring it at kia congressional, look for mr. ferdinand santiago. he knows what to do. apat na suspension mo ibababa para ma-coveran ng hose, but i suggest, if you live far, kahit rear left and right suspension mo lang ang ipababa mo and pa cover mo ng hose. mga half day work din yon, if you like sabay mo na PMS.

the front suspension, pag nagalaw yan, will need re-tightening after mga 2 weeks of use. you will feel na parang maluluwang ang screws pag na -humps ka. it will need that much time para mag fit or mag sit properly sa housing. thats why i suggest, if the front suspension doesn't have any problem, leave it alone. pa bolt tighten mo na lang.

hope this will help. i know the feeling, its annoying to hear that sound from a new car. and 1 more thing, did you notice that the rear seems lower in vertical clearance compared sa front. after corecting the problem, you will notice the difference, macho na ulit ang stance ni carens, more so pag naka profile view.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i first brought my car to kia pasig, they just re-tighten the bolts. 2 times i brought it there, all the time ganyan lang ang gagawin nila. medyo, i am not happy with the service of kia pasig. good thing, malapit ako sa kia congressional, iam happy with the service. this dealership started as a small showroom along novaliches. I saw how it grew big to what it is today.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks bengmd,

Would you know if Kia Congressional opens on Sundays or Holidays. I'm from the south (Las Pinas) and if you say service at Kia Congressional is okay, I wouldn't mind the hassle of driving north to have this fixed, sabay ko din malamang ang 15K PMS.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    this is the telephone number, give them a call, they might be able to accomodate you. 3851606.

Kia Carens Suspension (rear)