New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I would argue to them that an alternator's life is not something humans have a lot of influence over, unless you have an unusual accessory that requires a lot of power. Otherwise, this is clearly a warranty issue.

If you think about it, everything that the warranty is supposed to cover in a car are, one way or another, consumable items. The whole engine is a big lump of consumable part. Where do they draw the line?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    OT

That's why you call them Killed In Action. Sorry about your situation. Apply the lemon law if they don't honor the warranty.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Sorry baka nde ko napansin, pero ilan na mileage nung car? Cguro if high mileage na above 100,000km at madalas rin iniiwan naka idle yung vehicle possible nga na due to regular wear and tear yung failure. But still yung warranty ng vehicle may number or years or km na covered naman at alam ko nga covered dapat alternator. Kung nag skip ka sa mga regular PMS baka pwede nila deny replacement.

Pero sa experience ko nasira alternator sa Honda ko after around 140,000km/20 years. Bumili na lang ako sa amazon ng Bosch na replacement tapos kinabit ko.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Aside from the voltage regulator, your charging system is pulse width modulated (PWM) by the PCM. Have it scanned for diagnostic trouble codes.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Okay so, update: After back-and-forth conversations with Kia Acropolis' service adviser and service manager, it appears that their branch apparently does not have the accreditation/certification/authority (idk what term to use) from their plant to apply for warranty claims. According to them, they are being asked by the plant to submit some requirements/documentation before they can start honoring warranty claims again... Why they didn't inform me of this immediately and instead told me that I have to pay for parts of the alternator to be repaired --- I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.

So what this means is that I have to have the car transferred to a different dealership that can honor warranty claims, and that is Kia BGC.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Sorry baka nde ko napansin, pero ilan na mileage nung car?
    30K palang chief.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ho ho ho, the run around to check if they can squeeze some money from unsuspecting clients. Buti na lang nagcheck ka rito. If you can still manage without a car to pursue a warranty claim, go and do it. Mahirap magsalita para sa yo but I believe your claim is justifiable.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Wow yung akin din ganyan ang nangyari. Busted Alternator. 2012 Kia Rio HB.

The good thing is I am loyal with Kia Pasig and they said that it is covered under warranty.

Kia Acropolis - true, they are suspended for warranty claims mabuti na lang nalipat ko yung kotse when the main fan died.

Eto na mga napalitan ko so far sa Kia Rio HB ko:

2 Continentals busted after 30,000 kms.
    Both headlights (low) replaced
    Main Fan busted after 35,000 replaced
    Alternator to be replaced after 43,000 kms.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Wow yung akin din ganyan ang nangyari. Busted Alternator. 2012 Kia Rio HB.

The good thing is I am loyal with Kia Pasig and they said that it is covered under warranty.

Kia Acropolis - true, they are suspended for warranty claims mabuti na lang nalipat ko yung kotse when the main fan died.

Eto na mga napalitan ko so far sa Kia Rio HB ko:

2 Continentals busted after 30,000 kms.
    Both headlights (low) replaced
    Main Fan busted after 35,000 replaced
    Alternator to be replaced after 43,000 kms.
    Whats a continental?

Parang ang dali masira? Is this normal with Kia vehicles?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Whats a continental
    Brand of fan belts, this is actually OE in Mercedes Benzes

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Whats a continental?

Parang ang dali masira? Is this normal with Kia vehicles?
    Continental Tyres

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12