New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group replaces Ford as the fourth largest car manufacturer in the world!

According to the latest report from Automotive News Data Centre, Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group has became the fourth largest automaker in the world! Based on new-vehicle sales figures from the first half of the 2009, Hyundai and Kia together sold 8.000 more cars than Ford, whose sales have dipped by more than 30 percent so far this year.
    Toyota retained the crown of the world’s largest automaker, but recent financial recession has hit it’s sales hard and the automaker experienced a 26 percent drop in new car sales. Troubled US giant, General Motors, sits in the in second spot, but it has experienced a similar first-half sales fall as Toyota.
    GM is closely followed by VW in third position. VW’s sales have decreased slightly compared to last year’s figures, however, Germany’s largest automaker managed to narrowed the gap between itself and Toyota * No.1 position to less than 500.000 units from last year’s 1.500.000 units.
    The battle for the first position is expected to intensify in the second half of the year, according to automotive experts, when VW could overtake both of its main rivals and become the No.1 automaker in the world.
    The battle for fourth spot, between Hyundai-Kia and Ford is expected to be tight as well through the rest of the year. At the moment, Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group leads Ford by only about 8.000 units. Results for all of last year saw Hyundai-Kia lagging behind Ford by around 1 million units, but by producing the right product for the right times, Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group managed to take fourth place much quicker than it had been predicted.
    Battle for fourth spot will continue in the second half, when both automakers (Ford and Hyundai-Kia) plan to launch a slew of new models. Ford plans to launch new Fiesta sub-compact, while Kia will market new Sorento and Koup in the States. According to latest reports from South Korea, Kia also plans to lift production of existing models by almost 100.000 vehicles and boost its marketing activities this year. [Source: Kia]
    UPDATE: Feel free to take a look at our latest poll in the sidebar of the blog and let us know when you think Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group will become the third largest car manufacturer in the world.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Great effort on the part of Hyundai and Kia!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The number of Kia would definitely shoot up once the new cars come out next year.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    No surprise there, I think they past Honda to 4th place.

I see more and more Sonata, Elantra, Santa Fe, Kia Soul and I just saw a Kia Forte few days ago at ang guwapo ng dating, they say it looks like a Civic but I think the only resemblance is the headlights and nothing else, body style looks different and I also saw a Hyundai Genesis coupe astig na astig just didn't like the color (apply green). Nag kalat na rin yung Genesis sedan. Something to do with their Assurance program and the government's CARS program.
    Last edited by Camgen6; August 15th, 2009 at 01:14 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

There is an earlier thread on the same news, by tidus.... Merge na lang....

8404:duel:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    No surprise there, I think they past Honda to 4th place.

I see more and more Sonata, Elantra, Santa Fe, Kia Soul and I just saw a Kia Forte few days ago at ang guwapo ng dating, they say it looks like a Civic but I think the only resemblance is the headlights and nothing else, body style looks different and I also saw a Hyundai Genesis coupe astig na astig just didn't like the color (apply green). Nag kalat na rin yung Genesis sedan. Something to do with their Assurance program and the government's CARS program.
    thanks bro....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    they introduced a strong line-up last year. even in the us and Europe, they are growing. getting European car designers was a good call on their part.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    they introduced a strong line-up last year. even in the us and Europe, they are growing. getting European car designers was a good call on their part.
    Part of it, Thanks to this guy...magkano kaya ang ini-offer ng KIA at iniwan ang Audi???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schreyer

Hyundai-Kia now 4th largest automaker