New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Puedeng bang mag feed back and mga owner ng

1. 2008 Ford Everest, dinig ko bumpy ride daw.Sulit ba ang 1.3m sa SUV na to.

2. Kia Carnival 2008, any comment sa mga nakabili

3. Any idea sa resale value ng Kia Carnival vs Ford Everest

4. Is the Nw Honda CRV can be configured for 3rd row seat, Meron na ba noon.

Appreciate your comments, or maybe you can help me if you can suggest a good performance SUV or MPV. Low FC, 7 to 8 seater, Nice Interior,

Tight Budget not more than 1.3m

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by canabiz_zativa View Post

Appreciate your comments, or maybe you can help me if you can suggest a good performance SUV or MPV. Low FC, 7 to 8 seater, Nice Interior,

Thanks

Hmmm you may wanna look at Kia Carens LX CRDI M/t A/t 885k and 935k lang sila. (Check our thread). Good interior good engine performance and can seat 7-8 adult. One time I've fitted 10 adult person inside and its no problem. The only setback here is the ground clearance and soft suspension.

Captiva is a good candidate also but have not tried one yet.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by canabiz_zativa View Post

Thanks

the carnival is great for 7 to 8 seater.. you can read the topics in the kia FORUMS.

regarding everest or carnival, depende yan sa need mo coz you're comparing a SUV and MPV..

regarding ride sa everest, i don't know. but my friend has one, medyo matagtag nga.. mas gusto pa nya ang ride ng innova nila..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    1. Dunno about 2008 Everest but if its almost the same sa 2006, bumpy nga sya kung 1-2 persons lang ang sakay. But if most of your usage will involve more than 3 passengers, medyo comfy na ung ride.

4. Even if you find or be able to configure a 2008 CRV for 3rd row seats, It would really be uncomfortable for the pasengers. Baka kids lang pwede.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    Hmmm you may wanna look at Kia Carens LX CRDI M/t A/t 885k and 935k lang sila. (Check our thread). Good interior good engine performance and can seat 7-8 adult. One time I've fitted 10 adult person inside and its no problem. The only setback here is the ground clearance and soft suspension.

Captiva is a good candidate also but have not tried one yet.

+1 on this. Even the Kia Carens EX CRDi A/T (with add-ons like 16" mag wheels, foglamps, back-up sensors, roofrails, among others) is just at P1.06M. Well within your budget. Check it out!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Everest's ride is a bit softer now, but it's a strange mix of soft and hard... kinda weird. And yes, I still prefer the Innova's ride. It's a shame... I think the Ranger's ride is perfect. (pretty stiff, but with great shock damping, so it's not uncomfortably jittery).

The one question for me for the Carnival is the quality of the transmission system. The clutch and gearshift are annoying. Just finished a test-drive of it here:

We also have reviews of the Carens and the Everest. I prefer the way the Carnival handles compared to the Carens, but the low speed ride comfort of the Carens is much better due to the soft suspension. Problem is, the suspension is too soft for my tastes.

The new CR-V has great fuel consumption... for a gasoline car. It can't beat any of these CRDis for fuel consumption, but maintenance intervals and costs should be a bit better, since it's a good engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Na test ko na rin itong Monty at Eve, mas malakas pumikup yong Eve kaysa Monty. Si fort alam ko mabagal e at bumpy. Hindi bumpy ang Eve nong tinest drive ko umupo muna ako sa 3rd row at dinrive ng taga FORD libis at hinumps ok lang ang bagsak nya hindi bumabalik yong bounce. Kilangan isang bagsak lang at ikaw lang ang umpo sa 3rd row at yong driver. kapag bumalik o nag bounce yan ng dalwang beses ibig sabihin yong specs ng leaf spring or coil spring pati na yong shocks ay hindi compatible doon sa body weight. Based doon sa test drive ko yong Monty at Eve ay both are not bouncy.

Honda, Everest , CarnivAl