New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    mga brods help naman,i'm planning to buy a kia pride for my son kaci with my current budget of 75k. is it true that the engine overheats and that it causes it to stall or has restart problems after you turn the engine off? i could really use the infos about this car brods,my 19yr old son really likes this compact car. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ok naman ang KIA Pride. As for the engine, nde ko eto masyado alam. Pero, i know na pag ginawa nang Mazda ang engine neto, hehe.

Join ka sa site din nang kia club (Philippines)

As for the overheats, etc. If proper maintenance was given to any car. It will serve you well, but if bara-bara lang ung gamit without any care, i titirik ka nun anytime.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mga brods help naman,i'm planning to buy a kia pride for my son kaci with my current budget of 75k. is it true that the engine overheats and that it causes it to stall or has restart problems after you turn the engine off? i could really use the infos about this car brods,my 19yr old son really likes this compact car. Thanks.
    ^maybe that car wasn't maintained at all.
    anyway, my uncle and cousin both have one, its a no-frills transporter

pros:
    really cheap parts (e.g. used struts for less than a thousand pesos, wow)
    economical gas consumption

cons:
    build quality
    no luxury features
    slow

*i think its an ok start for a beginner motorist

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    the pride is a good car, mine is `94 model, so its been with me more than a decade now. aamin ko, halos lahat ata ng pwede palitan na parts napalitan ko na twice or more. i remember having overheating problems, pero ngayon ala na since i learned to do maintenance and i added an additional auxiliary fan beside the radiator fan. siguro kung bili po kayo, get a `96 model, kasi yung `94 model ko tinipid sa fan eh, i heard the later models have 2 fans already. advantage is fuel efficient sya, cheap and easy to find parts, medyo lagi sira so tendency is you learn a lot on how to really take care and additional experience on troubleshooting a car. and last, iba talaga to sa baha, di pa ko tinirik nito haha

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    thanx for your replies gents,it's really a big help to me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Bro,
    okey yang kia pride. I use to drive a kia pride since 1991 hanggang ngayon buhay pa.. yun nga lang na pa overhaul ko na engine 2 years ago. Pero as a practical transpo okey talaga sya.. matipid pa. Any parts (and I mean any parts), sobrang mura .. maski original parts, kaya madalas ako original parts. Regarding yung overheating, i think problem nya yan though i never experienced it. just like RECKLUS said just add an additional auxiliary fan para to prevent it. And if it still fits your budget, replace mo na yung old radiator with a new one from evercool ( mine was evercool) or any compatible. atleast new yang radiator mo and it will not give you any headache for a long time.

ok na choice yan bro, i got two prides years ago, one is 93 (1.1L)model the other is 98 (1.3L)gtx a/t. theyre right regarding sa pag lumang model isa lang ang aux fan kaya pinadagdagan ko pero i didn't experience overheating. Mura parts available kahit san pyesa nito and tipid pa sa gas, ok for beginners. Kung alam ko lang napwede palitan ng engine sana hindi ko na pinalitan sold it last 2000 nung may pamilya na ko to get kia sephia. Yung 98 model ko pala mas ok yung suspension kesa sa 93, ang downside lang na masasabi ko eh yung steering column (r&p) nya ang unang nasisira.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You may want to visit www.kiaprideclub.proboards55.com I'm a proud owner of a kia proud este pride. And my car has Mazda z5 1500cc engine, it can't be slow, can it? hehe just kidding.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sir Sly Vixen. Magkano po yung ginastos nyo sa engine and san po kayo nakakuha?

Help:Kia Pride info pls.(pros and cons)