New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    im planning to buy double cab kia bongo with the 3.0 engine. any comments on this car, particularly the fuel efficiency? thanks.

It has a reasonable fuel-efficiency for its class, can even get around 12 to 15kmpl. And the engine (I guess it's a Kia JT engine) is die-hard...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    It has a reasonable fuel-efficiency for its class, can even get around 12 to 15kmpl. And the engine (I guess it's a Kia JT engine) is die-hard...
    thanks so much for the idea. i have seen the unit, engine size is really quite big. some owners i have asked said it's really a powerful car. im just looking now for the lower price among surplus dealers.

The 2.7L version, fitted with the J2 engine, is more easily available where I live. BTW are you looking at the 4WD version?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    yes sir. im looking for 4WD. i hope i can find a good one.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    yes sir. im looking for 4WD. i hope i can find a good one.
    So, did you ever find one? I am looking also, hard to find the 4x4 version. The dealer says there are some coming now from Korea, maybe next month.
    Scott

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sorry for the very late reply sir. i opted for the 4x2 for longer cab. 4x4 version has shorter body. hope you found yours.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    sorry for the very late reply sir. i opted for the 4x2 for longer cab. 4x4 version has shorter body. hope you found yours.
    how is your experience with the bongo?maintenance, fuel consumption , etc.? i'm planning to get the 3.0 just to haul things around mostly on asphalt and cemented roads.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Kia bongo owners, any experience of hard starting of your engine.. Ours is Kia bongo silent 3.0 single cab. Hard start siya, yun bang parang di kayang paikutin ng starter ang engine kahit na full charged ang battery.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Hi,

I saw several olx ads of Kia Bongo double cab, intercooled and 4x4, i am planning to get one to be use as a service and as hauling vehicle for planned business, is it ok to buy this? in terms of maintenance and parts? and most important, am I not going to have a problem with the registration? since I am looking on those surplus vehicle.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
comments on kia bongo 3.0