New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=4]On a Blind Date | 2011 Kia Sportage 2.0 EX AWD[/SIZE]
    Words and photos by Jose Carlo R. Sapera

Back in March, I got a sneak peek of the yet-to-be-launched all-new Sportage when I paid a visit to the old Columbian Autocar Coporation in Bicutan. All I can say is, in that brief moment, Kia's got its marketing tag line, “the power to surprise,” spot on with its latest crossover.

Fast forward a few months later, I was finally given the chance to take the lovely Sportage out for a spin to find out if it can really sweep me off my feet.....

CLICK on LINK to continue: On a Blind Date | 2011 Kia Sportage 2.0 EX AWD
    LINK: On a Blind Date | 2011 Kia Sportage 2.0 EX AWD

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Be prepared though as tall passengers will surely complain about the tightfisted headroom. And sad to say, driver visibility is poor due to its huge pillars, not to mention those teensy sporty side mirrors, that makes lane changing and backing-up a more challenging task than they really should be.'

have to disagree. i stand 6’2” and don't feel cramped, whether i sit infront or at the back. actually, it's probably the reverse. smaller folks will have a hardtime on the visibility given the high beltline. as in ulo na lang ng wife ko halos makita mo from outside.

side mirrors also look fine to me, just set it up right to remove the blindspots (what you see in the side mirror shouldn't overlap with the rear mirror. unfortunalely most people set their side mirrors wrong preferring to see the rear of their vehicle)

gas consumption is spot on. malakas talaa lalo na sa traffic

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by marcs View Post
    Be prepared though as tall passengers will surely complain about the tightfisted headroom. And sad to say, driver visibility is poor due to its huge pillars, not to mention those teensy sporty side mirrors, that makes lane changing and backing-up a more challenging task than they really should be.'

have to disagree. i stand 6’2” and don't feel cramped, whether i sit infront or at the back. actually, it's probably the reverse. smaller folks will have a hardtime on the visibility given the high beltline. as in ulo na lang ng wife ko halos makita mo from outside.

side mirrors also look fine to me, just set it up right to remove the blindspots (what you see in the side mirror shouldn't overlap with the rear mirror. unfortunalely most people set their side mirrors wrong preferring to see the rear of their vehicle)

5km/ltr seems thirsty indeed if you consider today's advancement in engine technology. Kahit man lang sana mg 7-8km/ltr eh ok pa.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by marcs View Post

Magka-height pala kayo ng bro in law ko, maluwag din daw ang Sportage for him. Though mas maluwag talaga yung Gen. 3 CR-V 4WD na ginagamit nila before.

Side mirrors, yes tama ka. Ok lang yung size. Mas malaki pa nga yung sa Sportage than Tucson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    5km/ltr seems thirsty indeed if you consider today's advancement in engine technology. Kahit man lang sana mg 7-8km/ltr eh ok pa.
    Ganyan din naman konsumo ng Tucson at CR-V pagdating sa traffic.

* At nalampasan pa namin yung mileage ng "test unit" ng CAC
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; December 22nd, 2011 at 06:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^^ Sabagay balewala naman sa nakakabili ng ToTL na kotse yung FC.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

CAR: "On a Blind Date | 2011 Kia Sportage 2.0 EX AWD"