New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    636
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    definitely a sorento. i had to do a double take dahil mukha siyang mpv. it still only had dealer plates on kaya nasabi ko brand new. exactly like this one kulay grey.

    Attachment 39218
    Ah baka outgoing Sorento nga nakita mo.
    I know what you mean na mukhang MPV.
    Yung outgoing Sorento has round curves especially sa back and taillights at pwede nga maisip na mpv/carnival/sedona. Mababa rin kasi ang stance and not the usual height of PPVs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    42,770
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    Ah baka outgoing Sorento nga nakita mo.
    I know what you mean na mukhang MPV.
    Yung outgoing Sorento has round curves especially sa back and taillights at pwede nga maisip na mpv/carnival/sedona. Mababa rin kasi ang stance and not the usual height of PPVs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    napabayaan na talaga ako.
    educate me, guys: what is the "MPV look" ? what is the usual PPV height?

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,496
    #33
    Wala pang bagong 2021 Sorento sa atin. Baka Han Cars.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,730
    #34
    The previous gen Sorento does have similar looks as the Grand Carnival. Wala pa ata new generation Sorento binibenta locally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    636
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    napabayaan na talaga ako.
    educate me, guys: what is the "MPV look" ? what is the usual PPV height?
    Outgoing Sorento ground clearance is 174mm.
    Yung mga lumang sorento models had 208mm.
    PPVs like montero and fort have 215-220mm.

    MPV is minivans like Grand Carnival, Odyssey.
    Innova and Xpander sometimes considered MPV (by Asian standards)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,108
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    Outgoing Sorento ground clearance is 174mm.
    Yung mga lumang sorento models had 208mm.
    PPVs like montero and fort have 215-220mm.

    MPV is minivans like Grand Carnival, Odyssey.
    Innova and Xpander sometimes considered MPV (by Asian standards)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Carmakers know that people who buy Sorentos and other crossovers are never going off road anyway, so they lower it to improve handling and efficiency with a unibody frame. But keep it tall enough to not look like an MPV.

    The first sorento was a body-on-frame design, like the current Montero and Fortuner. The newer Sorentos are unibody.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    636
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Carmakers know that people who buy Sorentos and other crossovers are never going off road anyway, so they lower it to improve handling and efficiency with a unibody frame. But keep it tall enough to not look like an MPV.

    The first sorento was a body-on-frame design, like the current Montero and Fortuner. The newer Sorentos are unibody.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info! Now we know bakit bumaba ground clearance nya 2021 Kia Sportage


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,730
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Carmakers know that people who buy Sorentos and other crossovers are never going off road anyway, so they lower it to improve handling and efficiency with a unibody frame. But keep it tall enough to not look like an MPV.

    The first sorento was a body-on-frame design, like the current Montero and Fortuner. The newer Sorentos are unibody.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Puwede pa rin naman higher ground clearance without compromising handling on a unibody platform. Subaru AWD crossovers have similar ground clearance as most PPVS at 221mm.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,496
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Carmakers know that people who buy Sorentos and other crossovers are never going off road anyway, so they lower it to improve handling and efficiency with a unibody frame. But keep it tall enough to not look like an MPV.

    The first sorento was a body-on-frame design, like the current Montero and Fortuner. The newer Sorentos are unibody.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dba the real reason crossovers were invented was to fill the gap between a wagon & a SUV? Crossovers handle more like cars & are very poor off roaders in stock form but are more than capable with the proper mods. In international forums, they do it a lot (albeit AWD guise).
    That’s why you can never compare crossovers with ladder frame SUVs. They are totally different segments.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,582
    #40
    Not a fan of the nose..

    👃 👃🐽🤥👺🤧😪👃🐽🤥👺🤧😪👃

    2022 Kia Sportage First Look ? Better than Hyundai Tucson? - YouTube

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

2021 Kia Sportage