New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yan din sabi nila when the Gen 2 Santa Fe with the 2.2R engine came out around 2007. Much better engine and better ride than any PPV at the time daw.

But if you compare a Santa Fe 2.2 now vs a Fortuner of the same age, most people will choose the Fort.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    For majority of the PI, our roads are better suited for PPV's. Or is it the other way around. hehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Crossover were never meanth as a heavy hauler, unlike PPVs. Crossovers are like big sedans with the height & space advantage. Front wheel driven pa. So, choice na lang nung tao. Not all roads in the Phls are bad. If where you live are rough roads mostly, you like doing the occasional off roading, towing trailers & other stuff like that, of course the PPVs is the better choice. But, like me, the roads I usually traverse are well paved, I use the crossover only as a weekender/family/vacation wagon & never do any off roading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Crossover were never meanth as a heavy hauler, unlike PPVs. Crossovers are like big sedans with the height & space advantage. Front wheel driven pa. So, choice na lang nung tao. Not all roads in the Phls are bad. If where you live are rough roads mostly, you like doing the occasional off roading, towing trailers & other stuff like that, of course the PPVs is the better choice. But, like me, the roads I usually traverse are well paved, I use the crossover only as a weekender/family/vacation wagon & never do any off roading.

Agree on this. It really depends upon one's needs and wants.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yan din sabi nila when the Gen 2 Santa Fe with the 2.2R engine came out around 2007. Much better engine and better ride than any PPV at the time daw.

But if you compare a Santa Fe 2.2 now vs a Fortuner of the same age, most people will choose the Fort.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    The Toyota badge is more a factor there rather than whether its a PPV vs CUV. For most people both are "SUVs".

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    It’s human nature. Most are averse to challenging the status quo. According to the theory or law of diffusion of innovations only 2.5 per cent and 13.5 percent of the population are innovators and early adopters, respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^a brand that challenges that perception is the Chinese owned MG. It is so popular now, it’s like everywhere. Which brings me to ask why? It’s not a Toyota, durability & longevity is suspect, dependability & performance is being tested. So why is it so popular? Style looks so much like the Mazda CX5, but the Geely (another China brand) looks so much better. Must be the price, because it’s so affordable. Add a couple more hundred grand to a TOTL Vios & you got a more spacious, high rider CUV. So, it must be the best value for money for the average pinoy since MG is a respected Brit brand (albeit, China made) rather than driving a car that shouts out to the world it’s Chinese.

Last edited by bloowolf; February 23rd, 2020 at 10:18 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    ^a brand that challenges that perception is the Chinese owned MG. It is so popular now, it’s like everywhere. Which brings me to ask why? It’s not a Toyota, durability & longevity is suspect, dependability & performance is being tested. So why is it so popular? Style looks so much like the Mazda CX5, but the Geely (another China brand) looks so much better. Must be the price, because it’s so affordable. Add a couple more hundred grand to a TOTL Vios & you got a more spacious, high rider CUV. So, it must be the best value for money for the average pinoy since MG is a respected Brit brand (albeit, China made) rather than driving a car that shouts out to the world it’s Chinese.

The price is a factor, too, but most companies, not only car companies, that carved a niche for themselves and are considered leaders in their respective industries because they are able to effectively communicate their purpose, cause, and believe to whom they serve. Somebody said that people buy not what you do but why you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Talked to a Kia sales agent earlier in Megamall when they were showcasing the Sportage and Seltos. He said that the new Sorento would likely be launch locally around November or even earlier.

He also said that they will also launch another car that's a bigger and more luxurious version of the Seltos. In comparison, he said it would be bigger than the CR-V and will be a 5-seater. I forgot the name of that specific car he mentioned.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    For majority of the PI, our roads are better suited for PPV's. Or is it the other way around. hehe
    When we travel luzon provinces lahat ng national/ provincial roads majority are concrete na kaya mas maganda crossover car insteads of ppv dahil matagtag and bouncy ito sa concrete roads.

Sent from my SM-N975F/DS using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    He also said that they will also launch another car that's a bigger and more luxurious version of the Seltos. In comparison, he said it would be bigger than the CR-V and will be a 5-seater. I forgot the name of that specific car he mentioned.
    Hmmm... I wonder what it is since the only other SUVs/CUVs not mentioned in the Niro, Mohave, & the Telluride. The Niro is smaller than the Seltos & the Telluride is a full sized SUV. So it must be he Mohave? It is bigger than the Sorento, has a 3.0 diesel & is a 7 seater. Maybe something to go up against the Telluride, which is exclusive to America.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast