New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomZom View Post
    2020 Kia Seltos driveaway pricing (AUSTRALIA)

1. Seltos S, 2.0L FWD: $25,990 ------------------ 913,010.83 Php
    2. Seltos Sport, 2.0L FWD: $29,490 -------------- 1,035,963.43 Php
    3. Seltos Sport+, 2.0L FWD: $32,990 ------------- 1,158,916.02 Php
    4. Seltos Sport+, 1.6L AWD: $36,490 ------------- 1,281,868.61 Php
    5. Seltos GT Line, 1.6L AWD: $41,990 ----------- 1,475,079 Php

NOTE: 1 AUD = 35.13 Php (21 Oct via Google)

PHILIPPINE PRICING:

LX – P1,098,000
    EX – P1,198,000
    SX – P1,498,000

our excise tax po. that sx(ph model) is priced really well compared to that australian- gt.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    our excise tax po. that sx(ph model) is priced really well compared to that australian- gt.
    Based on the reviews, the Australian KIA Seltos GT Line is already a Turbocharged AWD while the PH SX Model is still a normally-aspirated 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine FWD.
    The PH SX Model is more like the Seltos Sport+, 2.0L FWD model in Australia, with price difference of roughly 350K which is quite huge if you ask me.
    Not complaining here, just saying that PH car price/spec ratio is really a bummer.

Been planning to upgrade and comparing the MG ZS, Geely Coolray, Kia Seltos and I am gravitating more to Kia due to a established presence in PH
    however the lower trim specs, if true, undermine its competitiveness versus the Chinese brand offerings. Hopefully, the rumor launch of VW T-Cross is true and will be price
    competitively since it will be source in China.

I guess I need to delay that urge to upgrade.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Not complaining here, just saying that PH car price/spec ratio is really a bummer.
    This has been the case for decades - cars are naturally cheaper in bigger markets like Australia and especially the US.

But our cars are still much cheaper than compared to our Asian neighbors - HK, Singapore, Japan.

We also don't have congestion tax, a very minimal MVUC, and very cheap tolls and parking.

Overall I think car ownership in the Philippines is still cheaper than in many other places.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I was up in Kia Carmona this morning. LICA has this weekend event & they had a Seltos totl on display. Sized as a Forester

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I was up in Kia Carmona this morning. LICA has this weekend event & they had a Seltos totl on display. Sized as a Forester

Singlaki ng Fozzie sir Bloo?

I thought this was competing against the XV, Ecosport, Kona, CX3, etc. segment?

Same size narin po pala ng Sportage natin?

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Singlaki ng Fozzie sir Bloo?

I thought this was competing against the XV, Ecosport, Kona, CX3, etc. segment?

Same size narin po pala ng Sportage natin?

Smaller than the Sportage, bigger than the XV or Kona. Looks in between. Use that guy as a reference.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Smaller than the Sportage, bigger than the XV or Kona. Looks in between. Use that guy as a reference.

Nice. This should open up a whole new category of sorts compact/small CUV for buyers who want something high but not too big.

Winner din sa looks department. I love the clean lines and contrast between white and black.

Hmmmm, napa aga ata bili ko. Hahahaha!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2019

Nice! Is this display unit permanent? I'm from south as well and planning to check a unit in KIA dealerships.
    Thanks

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Nice! Are this display unit permanent? I'm from south as well and planning to check a unit in KIA dealership.
    Thanks
    It is in an event, but I guess this will be a permanent one since Lica owns that Carmona Auto Centrum where cars from all his dealerships (different makes) are displayed.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    From CarGuide PH:

2020_kia_seltos_brochure_02.jpg

For safety, all variants of the Seltos benefit from dual SRS airbags, ABS with EBD, and a rear camera display. Only the top-of-the-line SX gets 6 airbags, vehicle stability control, and rear parking distance warning though.

For colors, the Seltos comes in both Dual Tone colors (Starbright Yellow / Cherry Black for SX and Clear White / Cherry Black for SX) and Monotone colors (Starbright Yellow, Mars Orange for LX and EX, Dark Ocean Blue for LX, EX, and SX, Gravity Grey for LX and SX, and Iron Grey LX, EX).

Pricing for the 2020 Kia Seltos starts at P 1,098,000 for the LX, P 1,198,000 for the EX, and end at P 1,498,000 for the SX. Purchases made from now until November 30 gets a P 50,000 discount.

Looking at the specs sheet, it seems the EX mid-range variant is the best bang for the buck deal. ₱1.5M for the TOTL seems a bit steep considering the Subaru XV 2.0i-S is just around the corner at ₱1,618,000 (and with the discounts available now, this will be a better deal than the SX Seltos).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast