New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Most likely those are the standard features of the model. AC Ind. is not CACC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I really hope so. I will see it personally next month, at least that's what the SA keeps telling me.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Kia Sportage Australian Open Special Edition | Kia Australia
    Looks similar

Hindi ba kayo nagtataka kung bakit majority ng vehicles na dinadala sa Pilipinas ay kinakaltas or inaalis nila ang mga dapat "standard" technology package na tulad ng meron sa Australian variants at iba pang variants sa abroad?

Sa ganyan strategy ng Filipino car dealers nawalan ako ng gana para i-patronize sila. Sabagay sabi nga "to each his own".

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^yes, we hate it. Pero ano ang gagawin natin mga Pilipino? Di naman pwede na bumili abroad at dalhin dito.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Salve View Post
    Hindi ba kayo nagtataka kung bakit majority ng vehicles na dinadala sa Pilipinas ay kinakaltas or inaalis nila ang mga dapat "standard" technology package na tulad ng meron sa Australian variants at iba pang variants sa abroad?

Sa ganyan strategy ng Filipino car dealers nawalan ako ng gana para i-patronize sila. Sabagay sabi nga "to each his own".
    I actually agree with you and find it disconcerting as well and I also replied to what I believe the reason to be. We are a tertiary market, it doesn't really matter to them how many units they sell here, it won't affect their bottom lines either way.

Just take a look at the sudden influx of Volkswagen vehicles here, right after the emissions cheating scandal they committed.

We can scream to the high heavens, but they won't listen anyway.

Might as well make the best with what we can get. Improvise, adapt and overcome, we Pilipinos are really good at that.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    I really hope so. I will see it personally next month, at least that's what the SA keeps telling me.
    Looks really good. What colour are you getting? Or will you have a choice? I hav’nt seen any units on display yet.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Looks really good. What colour are you getting? Or will you have a choice? I hav’nt seen any units on display yet.

Going for the white sir Bloo, sort of a family tradition, all of our vehicles, apart from some motorcycles and scooters, have all been white. Doesn't matter if it's a plain white, off-white or a pearl/ crystal variation, as long as it's white overall.

SA says they will be in the showrooms by next month.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Everyone wants all the features but few are willing to pay for it ... Maybe blame the tax and high cost of doing business here instead of the car manufacturers ... Most factories have relocated to Thailand or Indonesia ...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ^yes, we hate it. Pero ano ang gagawin natin mga Pilipino? Di naman pwede na bumili abroad at dalhin dito.

Mag commue na lang, P2P bus

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    So I was up in Sta. Rosa this afternoon & saw a 2019 Sportage on display (a first for me). It is a white LX. Exterior wise, I like the alloy wheels on this compared to my 2018 SL but it did not have fog lamps. Headlights on this & mine are the same projector type halogens & if there is one thing I hate about the Sportage is the poor headlights. It doesn’t adequately illuminate the portion closest to the front end & I’d normally turn the fogs on for precisely this purpose so I find it odd that the 2019 LX doesn’t have this (the 2017 does). Also, aside from the front & rear, there isn’t much of a difference from the 2018. Inside, there isn’t much difference in the cabin layout, but notable is the 8” touch screen audio which also functions for the back up camera (there are also front & rear parking sensors). It is still a sportronic tranny with drive mode & best of all, 8 speed (from 6). Controls are pretty much carried over from the preceeding, like the rheostat & drive mode, but now has auto light control & steering wheel controls for the computer, audio & phone. The 2nd row & cargo, including doors & the trunk are pretty much the same although it still has no tonneau cover. I’d say, pretty much, it is the same LX sold in other countries.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    So I was up in Sta. Rosa this afternoon & saw a 2019 Sportage on display (a first for me). It is a white LX. Exterior wise, I like the alloy wheels on this compared to my 2018 SL but it did not have fog lamps. Headlights on this & mine are the same projector type halogens & if there is one thing I hate about the Sportage is the poor headlights. It doesn’t adequately illuminate the portion closest to the front end & I’d normally turn the fogs on for precisely this purpose so I find it odd that the 2019 LX doesn’t have this (the 2017 does). Also, aside from the front & rear, there isn’t much of a difference from the 2018. Inside, there isn’t much difference in the cabin layout, but notable is the 8” touch screen audio which also functions for the back up camera (there are also front & rear parking sensors). It is still a sportronic tranny with drive mode & best of all, 8 speed (from 6). Controls are pretty much carried over from the preceeding, like the rheostat & drive mode, but now has auto light control & steering wheel controls for the computer, audio & phone. The 2nd row & cargo, including doors & the trunk are pretty much the same although it still has no tonneau cover. I’d say, pretty much, it is the same LX sold in other countries.

Great! They're starting to show up. Thanks for the initial impressions sir Bloo.

Did the headlights look like this? Or exactly the same as your model?

The rims?

I didn't expect the LX variant to have the same infotainment screen as the EX model, that's a pleasant surprise, I hope they made it navigation ready.

8-speed transmission, woo-hoo! The EX variant is said to have paddle shifters as well, hehe.

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
2019 Kia Sportage test drive