New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Hello, everyone.

We had chance to test drive 2019 Kia Sportage.

It is a facelift version of 2018 year model. With upgraded powertrain, design and safety features, does it have an edge in

compact SUV market? Let's find out!

2019 Kia Sportage ?Face-Lifted? - In-depth test drive of Kia?s new SUV (better than Hyundai Tucson?) - YouTube
    Last edited by CharlieMin; October 16th, 2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: a photo

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMin View Post
    Hello, everyone.

We had chance to test drive 2019 Kia Sportage.

It is a facelift version of 2018 year model. With upgraded powertrain, design and safety features, does it have an edge in

compact SUV market? Let's find out!

2019 Kia Sportage ?Face-Lifted? - In-depth test drive of Kia?s new SUV (better than Hyundai Tucson?) - YouTube
    Was the test drive in the Philippines? If so, where?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    It looks like it was done in Korea. I don't think all the features will reach our shores but I do hope the AWD does.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    It looks like it was done in Korea. I don't think all the features will reach our shores but I do hope the AWD does.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I think this has been answered, no AWD version. Although, based on the spec sheet, looks like AC Ind. is consistent with the model versions abroad. They do not cannibalize features to fit the country.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Will they be offering the 2019 model here anytime soon? Wala pa ata announcement?

Looking to get my second CUV.

Does the Sportage look like a good over-all choice?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Will they be offering the 2019 model here anytime soon? Wala pa ata announcement?

Looking to get my second CUV.

Does the Sportage look like a good over-all choice?
    Without the *standard* technology package available in other countries, KIA vehicles in the Philippines will never be a good choice.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I think this has been answered, no AWD version. Although, based on the spec sheet, looks like AC Ind. is consistent with the model versions abroad. They do not cannibalize features to fit the country.
    Let us hope KIA Philippines will bring in the latest version of KIA Sportage without *cannibalizing* the features made available abroad.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Salve View Post
    Without the *standard* technology package available in other countries, KIA vehicles in the Philippines will never be a good choice.
    kia Philippines started rolling out android auto on the newer vehicles. what is this "standard" tech package are you referring to?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Salve View Post
    Until AC Industrials brings out their other new models, everything is just speculation. I’d rather reserve judgement when those models are finally out in the market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    kia Philippines started rolling out android auto on the newer vehicles. what is this "standard" tech package are you referring to?
    "Standard" Technology package includes:
    Blind Spot Monitoring
    Rear Cross Traffic Alert
    Lane Departure Warning (includes Lane Keep Assist)
    Collision Mitigation System (car itself will apply brakes even if the driver does not press on the brakes)
    Adaptive Cruise Control (KIA vehicle automatically adapts cruise control speed according to the vehicle in front)
    Hill Start Assist
    Hill Hold Control
    Adaptive HeadLight (whether you are making a curve or on high beams or not)

etc. etc.

For me those tech package features are the most important for a safer driving experience.

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast
2019 Kia Sportage test drive