New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    #sharingiscaring.

My net and the deep dish mat has arrived. Will post pictures later.

Attachment 35531

Attachment 35532

BTW, i saw my precious' twin - a black GT. I think they (owner and the GT) live in one of the condos around my area.

Nice goodies bossing. I think I also saw you posted that you had your Sporty ceramicoated. How is it so far?

I was considering that until I saw some alternatives.

Might consider it again if my experiment fails with the TW Seal & Shine.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Nice goodies bossing. I think I also saw you posted that you had your Sporty ceramicoated. How is it so far?

That the ceramic wax bro? How was the initial application? Before I found out all of these, I had already bought a 3M synthetic wax protectant. Will try those sprays once I finish the bottle. I wax monthly, anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    That the ceramic wax bro? How was the initial application? Before I found out all of these, I had already bought a 3M synthetic wax protectant. Will try those sprays once I finish the bottle. I wax monthly, anyway.

The Turtlewax Ice Seal & Shine is a wax sealer Master B. It helps to keep the wax on the car for as long as possible so it makes it even more hydrophobic.

Like you I wax monthly so I wanted something to add more protection. I've used twice now and so far everything is still beading and sheeting well.

I did see in the shops they now have Mother's Ceramic Spray, I might try that when this one runs out. Just to see how they compare.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014

I was a bit disappointed with the shop. but the coating itself, is okay. Just okay. yes gloss has been increased but i really didnt live up to the hype.

I think ceramic coating is overhyped. it will certainly add gloss and some hydrophobicity but the jury is still out on its overall benefits (for me at least).

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    I was a bit disappointed with the shop. but the coating itself, is okay. Just okay. yes gloss has been increased but i really didnt live up to the hype.

I think ceramic coating is overhyped. it will certainly add gloss and some hydrophobicity but the jury is still out on its overall benefits (for me at least).
    Blade now sells Mother's Ceramic Sprays which they say is the same thing. I guess it boils down to preparation and a clean environment when you apply it.

So far the TW Seal & Shine I use is quite durable. My last application was more than 2 weeks ago and it still beads and sheets great.

Cleaning is also easier and faster now.

I hope it lasts until my next waxing.

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I am not sure, but what I understand with Ceramic & glass coatings is the durability & resistance to scratches & swirls. I dunno whether these new diy sealers & sprays are true ceramic coatings. Do they protect from swirls? South Casa offers those ceramic coating from Korea & the durability will depend on the number of coats put on. I think the totl is 5 years. I also saw a car that has a 3 y/o coating & I noticed there are no swirls, but the finish is dull. Maybe because of the no need to wax claim?
    What I currently use is the 3M Synthetic Paint Protectant which is also a sealer.

Last edited by bloowolf; November 28th, 2019 at 08:51 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I am not sure, but what I understand with Ceramic & glass coatings is the durability & resistance to scratches & swirls. I dunno whether these new diy sealers & sprays are true ceramic coatings. Do they protect from swirls? South Casa offers those ceramic coating from Korea & the durability will depend on the number of coats put on. I think the totl is 5 years. I also saw a car that has a 3 y/o coating & I noticed there are no swirls, but the finish is dull. Maybe because of the no need to wax claim?
    What I currently use is the 3M Synthetic Paint Protectant which is also a sealer.

That's what I thought as well (protection from scratches and swirls) that is why I got one. but in my case, I don't think it protects from swirls and scratches. Maybe because my car is black or maybe because of the choice of ceramic coating shop.

I am now considering getting the self-healing ppf but I need to save. medyo pricey

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Found another QL in my neck of the woods. Saw it twice on the road today and so happens we both parked near the local LBC.

I don't recognize the mags though. First time I've seen this variation.

Master B, any thoughts? 2016 or 17 ?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Found another QL in my neck of the woods. Saw it twice on the road today and so happens we both parked near the local LBC.

I don't recognize the mags though. First time I've seen this variation.

Master B, any thoughts? 2016 or 17 ?

Thanks for your vote of confidence, haha, but I have no idea what model year. Definitely not a 2018 SL or 2017 LX unless they swapped rims.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks for your vote of confidence, haha, but I have no idea what model year. Definitely not a 2018 SL or 2017 LX unless they swapped rims.

But....but.... you're the resident QL expert sir!

Hehe, just pulling your leg sir Bloo.

I was surprised lang kasi first time ko nakita ganyang mags sa QL. Usually they're the spoke-like design.

And these look bigger than 17 inches. Possibly 18s or even 19s.