New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 389 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may bumili na ba ng lx tapos nagpakabit ng roof rail? if meron na saan kayo nagpakabit? and how much?

na realized ko kasi after going sa province ng wife ko na di pwedeng hindi magpadala ng maraming food and kung ano ano ang byenan ko, so i need that extra luggage space para naman di kandungin ng yaya yung mga bagahe :D

drove the carens papuntang banawe rice terraces, ang lakas talaga, and fc is ok, the whole trip namin from manila to bataan to nueva vizcaya to banawe to bataan then back to manila nag average ng 12.5, considering na traffic kami sa manila, tarlac, pampanga, and nueva ecija, and umakyat ng mga bundok with 6 passengers and bagahe pa.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kalawang- i asked the roofrails to my dealer, and unfortunately wala pang available accessories outside of Kia dealers. Their quote is something around P18k, kasi bubutasin pa yung bubong.

crichton- where in banawe and how much for the gutters?

mqavila- got mine at Kia Cubao. They let me test drove it numerous times. They even sent the unit to my office and the exact model that I want to get. Aside from the usual matting, tint, seatcover, I also got the back-up sensor as a freebie.

BTW, to all new Carens owners, check your tire pressure. Mine was at 42psi when I checked it. I deflated it at a shell station to the recommended 32psi.

Happy 3 Kings Carenians!!

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    kalawang- i asked the roofrails to my dealer, and unfortunately wala pang available accessories outside of Kia dealers. Their quote is something around P18k, kasi bubutasin pa yung bubong.

crichton- where in banawe and how much for the gutters?

mqavila- got mine at Kia Cubao. They let me test drove it numerous times. They even sent the unit to my office and the exact model that I want to get. Aside from the usual matting, tint, seatcover, I also got the back-up sensor as a freebie.

BTW, to all new Carens owners, check your tire pressure. Mine was at 42psi when I checked it. I deflated it at a shell station to the recommended 32psi.

Happy 3 Kings Carenians!!
    mula rotonda papuntang banawe dun sya sa right turn to banawe. nakalimutan ko yung pangalan nun store pero tabi nya bilihan ng gulong. kabilang side nya yung Goldrich (meron din dun pero medyo mahal). nakuha ko lang ng 1200

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi guys! Tomorrow I'll be going to Kia Marikna to finalize details of transaction to purchase a Carens EX A/T Crdi. Salamat to all who helped made my choice.
    Hope ko lang sana e sing tibay siya ng irereplace niya-2002 XTRM crosswind- although definitely ang ride e lamang na lamang ang Carens.

About the roofrails, mukhang malapad yung crossbars niya tulad ng nasa ford escape, wala daw sila pang adaptor doon. thule yung bike rack and carrier ko na balak ko ikabit. meron kaya sa thule nong adaptor?
    BTW, mukhang mahirapan lagyan ng roofrails na original yung LX models, kc napansin ko molded and body colored yung paa ng rails na nakakabit sa EX, baka di mahabol pintura. Option lang dyan e yung footmount sa door iipit gaya ng thule. pero sa experience ko madali makasira ng rubber insulation ng pinto ito ganitong paraan.
    Hopefully, by wednesday ma-release na Carens namin sabi ng kia manager.
    Again, maraming salamat sa mga nag-post dito, tagal ko ding sinubaybayan itong Carens thread.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mqavila, crichton, sa ngayon, mukhang kaya naman ng mga casa ang parts. i just had my first 1000km change oil last thursday. the crdi engine needs close to 6 liters of oil at P150/liter and the oil filter is P525.

they used a special (daw) oil blend from petron (semi-synthetic) which they use for both gas and diesel. binantayan ko kasi and i saw them draw oil from the same barrel for different cars. when i inquired if i can use fully synthetic oil, the service manager and mechanic advised me not to use it. they had an incident daw when a sorento owner put in fully synthetic in his vehicle (outside the casa) at "namuo" daw yung langis.

if i hit 5000kms, they'll charge me P1200 daw for labor na. how much kaya sa iba? input naman from the others please.

i replaced my horns with bosch europa. panis kasi yung stock. hindi ka papansinin ng mga ibang sasakyan, lalo mga bus sa edsa!

they charged me P800, P600 for the labor, P200 for a bracket. i supplied the materials (relay, socket, etc). i know its a rip-off pero i didn't want any problems with the warranty so doon ko na lang ipinakabit.

kalawang, i was told by a sales rep from kia new manila na kaya daw nilang mag-install dito ng roof rails, orig pa daw. pero hindi ko na tinanong magkano since we got the ex version.

jds, why don't you try kia pasig? i heard good things about them.

battaglin, advance greetings on your soon-to-be carens! what color are you getting?

bogart, i had my tires checked at mataas din pressure nila. had them deflated too.

crichton, most shops nga hindi alam ang carens, akala nila galing grey market! i'm still looking for a luggage tray. balitaan mo naman kami dito kung may makita ka.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks sir, saan sa new manila ang kia new manila?
    may phone ka ba nila? lll try to call them kung may available, if wala akong makita in a month or two siguro ill settle sa ibang brand nalang, takot lang ako baka tumulo pag nagbutas sa bubong.

by the way, try to put nitro sa gulong nyo, mas gaganda ang ride and titipid ng konti sa consumption, low maintenance pa sa gulong, halos di nagbabago ang pressure kahit anong temperature ng gulong.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    try nyo kia mandaluyong signet! bago mag boni station... may free test drive dun along edsa toh... isa sa biggest distributor kaya completo sa units... for more info sa lugar u can contact me 09209018819... i work ksi dun kaya dali lan un - aldwin tan

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    hi itlog na pula. yan nga din wish list ko (luggage tray) pati yung cargo net. kaso wala sa banawe. ang meron lang sa ngayon ay yun nga yung visor, pati mga chrome covers sa door and lights. pag nakahanap, i'll post it here...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi guys! To bro itlog, crichton and everyone who provided inputs, thanks again!

I finally visited Kia Libis and was able to scrutinize the Carens for the first time yesterday. They had a black CRDi LX A/T on display and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! The dash, interiors and exteriors were all excellently and luxuriously designed, the engine was very quiet for a diesel, and my son had a fun time crawling around the 2nd & third rows (which were folded down to show me the cargo space) throughout the entire time that I was there. It was perfect to see that particular model there since due to my budget constraints, I'm only considering the LX variant.

The agent who entertained me gave me the usual offer (free 3-year LTO, 1-year insurance, seatcovers, tint, matting). She also told me that she'd give me free window visors, a small cash discount and 5-10% on other accessories.... although at this point, I'm still trying to haggle for a roof rail and/or back-up sensors.

Aside from this offer, she mentioned that they're currently accepting trade-ins - and even better, they're even willing to "subsidize" the purchase price of my 2nd hand car. In other words, for example, I want to sell my car for P200T but my buyer is only able to buy it for P180T, their dealership will "shoulder" the difference of P20T as part of the trade-in value of my car when I buy from them. THAT is a great deal. Of course, I think there's a limit to the amount that they can "shoulder" - I just don't know what that is at the moment.

So far, I think this is a good deal but I will still try to go around the other Kia dealers (and other brands as well, since I'm still keeping my options open) to see if anyone else can give me a better offer. Besides, I'm still not quite financially ready to buy it anyway. Hopefully by the end of January or early February.

Bro ace8tan: Thanks for your private message. I will make sure to pass by Kia Signet soon and take you up on your offer of a test drive. And, I hope that your package/promos will make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by buboymunti View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Bogart and itlog na pula ... Happy New year to all!

On the concern about after sales, I agree na hindi talaga pare-pareho ang mga dealers.

I have a GOOD experience with KIA BALAI (Sto. Tomas, Batangas). Though my other car is Mazda, I regularly have its maintenance at Balai. People are competent and customer-oriented. This is one of the factors why I get my Carens ..... good ride and an assurance that a good after sales team will look at my baby.

If you happen to be in in the area and will be needing help or assistance, ask Val Mongoc- the Service Manager.
    It's good to hear that you're happy with our service. We used to sell Mazda, as well as other brands (Subaru, BMW, Daihatsu, Land Rover), before in 1997-1998, so we have expertise in after-sales and stock on fast moving parts for these models. BTW, we accept all Japanese and Korean Brands for service as well.

For people living in the South, we'd like to invite you to visit our showroom at the Sto. Tomas, Batangas (Along the Diversion Road going to San Pablo) to see the products and services we offer. Refer to the attachment.

You can ask for a quick quotation, schedule a test drive, and get more information about the promos stated in this thread at (043)778-4214 to 15.

Batangas-Laguna Autocenter, Inc. (BALAI) - Kia Batangas

2007 Kia Carens [ARCHIVE]