New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malikot isip ko pag naalala jeep ads for gay

seguro para sa mga combat zones, where mil gays are deployed!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I think it's for situations where you don't need a Humvee.

Like for the National Guard... and the PNP-SAF.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Actually, this jeep is a tad bit more powerful than the HMMWV

the humvee, with its 8-cylinder, 6.5 liter diesel, produces around 150 hp. Uparmoring the humvee only added to its weight, causing it to bog down and have poor maneuverability

If I recall, the humvee wasn't also designed to be a frontline vehicle, leading to the horrendous losses in iraq as they were subjected to IEDs and RPGs.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ang biggest selling point ng j8 over the humvee is the cheaper cost, mas malaki commission maipapatanong ng defense department!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This part of the article should answer some questions...
    While not designed for front-line combat operations, the Jeep J8 is fully armour capable and excels in a variety of duties ranging from command vehicle to troop/cargo carrier, ambulance, communications vehicle and other duties – also making it suitable for civilian government applications. Heavy-duty bumpers with tow eyes allow the Jeep J8 to be easily transported by aeroplane or helicopter.
    The way I see it, its basically a lighter, more affordable, and more fuel efficient alternative to the big HUMVEE, something for lighter duty work.
    Last edited by AG4; September 21st, 2007 at 01:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
New Jeep J8 multi purpose/military model