New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hey all,

I need a little bit of help. I am looking for parts for a 1997 Jeep Cherokee Orvis (specifically an alternator and a horn switch). Would you guys happen to know of a place where I can buy these parts? Does the Chrysler dealer in the Philippines have these?

I am planning on selling this car (for my dad) and I need these two parts to put it in running condition.

Hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Anything, please?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    alternator for the orvis is just the same as for the limited grand, i think both oem and replacement brands are available (dealer's price is very expensive). the hornpad (which also serves as the airbag cover is not available locally). btw have you diagnosed it properly, common failure is the clockspring). and about the alternator was it the unit itself and not the pcm (pcm is the one controlling the field)?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi! Thanks for the answer, and sorry for the late response. Would you happen to know how much the alternator is, and where I can get it?

I'm not quite sure about the two things you told me. It's just that when I tried starting it, the battery was dead, and I could only jump start the car, but once I tried to start it on its own, it wouldn't. So I assumed it's the alternator. Regarding the hornswitch, I am not quite sure. That's just what the mechanic near my house told me.

In any case, would you happen to know where the best place would be to bring the car to have it properly diagnosed and repaired?

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    where are you located sir? i'm working in a shop in makati should you like me to check on your jeep.

Parts for 97 Jeep Cherokee Orvis