New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Baka pababa kasi. Kahit Neutral lang abot na yan. hehe j/k lang. Wala mapipikon.
    Correct ka jan bro.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart_75 View Post
    hindi ako si joabs, si lionheart_75 ako. kajojoin ko lang sa forum na ito pero matagal na ako nag subaybay and since may bago akong ride nag join na ako. ngayon, nakita ko naman na tama si joabs na siya ay magsabi ng ganyan kaya lang siguro hindi ninyo matanggap.
    wag kayong mag awayan at magbatuhan ng mga yabang nyo bro dahil karamihan naman dito sa inyo ay ng marunong-runongan lang pero tutuusin wala ring alam.
    walang mali dun sa unang post ko as you can see pinost ko yung Speedometer ng "ISUZU" CROSSWIND. e may mayabang lang na kung ano ano ang sinabi

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    walang mali dun sa unang post ko as you can see pinost ko yung Speedometer ng "ISUZU" CROSSWIND. e may mayabang lang na kung ano ano ang sinabi
    IMO, walang mali dun sa pinost mo pic, kesyo pababa pa yan or flat highway, kung yan ang nakuha mo fastest speed,
    still,
    yan padin ang fastest speed mo in your isuzu vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Baka pababa kasi. Kahit Neutral lang abot na yan. hehe j/k lang. Wala mapipikon.
    Haha! Nice one bro! We can always do 200km/h in 700rpm. Pero seryoso... Kung yung D-Max na yan may chip, big intercooler upgrade, aftermarket filter and exhaust... 180*3000rpm might actually be possible, don't you think?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Haha! Nice one bro! We can always do 200km/h in 700rpm. Pero seryoso... Kung yung D-Max na yan may chip, big intercooler upgrade, aftermarket filter and exhaust... 180*3000rpm might actually be possible, don't you think?
    or baka naman pag 180kph niya sabay neutral hahaha

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^To answer your question, AKI125 already posted the data. There ia a scientific way to get a theoritical max speed per gear based on many factors.

Top Speed Calculator - Top Speed

Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    not even close sir. with 245/70 r16 tires and with a 4.300 final gear and 0.75 gear ratio for the 5th gear ratio for the dmax, at 3000 rpm you are only running 131kph. at 4000 rpm you will be running 174kph.
    Upgrading will result in faster acceleration (rpm goes up faster so you can shift earlier) and top end speed. But in the case of what joabs posted, at 3,000rpm which is not yet near the final gear capacity of the dmax, we can safely say that he can't reach 180kph (on a level surface). It is still 131kph plus or minus 3-5% (depends again on certain factors not controlled by us - wind and road temp for example).

Just remember that the dmax is not built for speed so I believe that for a great increase in power/torque, the tranny and difffrentials needs an upgrade as well which I think is useless for a medium sized pick-up in this country (unless it's for show). IMO lang po.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Where's hindmaxsiado when we need him?

BTT: I was able to do 180km/h sa Trooper 4JX1 before.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Where's hindmaxsiado when we need him?

BTT: I was able to do 180km/h sa Trooper 4JX1 before.
    Oo nga, magsasawa kayo sa paliwanag.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ^To answer your question, AKI125 already posted the data. There ia a scientific way to get a theoritical max speed per gear based on many factors.

Top Speed Calculator - Top Speed

Upgrading will result in faster acceleration (rpm goes up faster so you can shift earlier) and top end speed. But in the case of what joabs posted, at 3,000rpm which is not yet near the final gear capacity of the dmax, we can safely say that he can't reach 180kph (on a level surface). It is still 131kph plus or minus 3-5% (depends again on certain factors not controlled by us - wind and road temp for example).

Just remember that the dmax is not built for speed so I believe that for a great increase in power/torque, the tranny and difffrentials needs an upgrade as well which I think is useless for a medium sized pick-up in this country (unless it's for show). IMO lang po.

bro, when i was saying around 3000 it doesn't mean exactly 3000. It could be 3100, 3200, 3300 up to 3900 but not 4000. this is very critical and catching term so if someone reads and react without understanding the statement, then he will fail in reasoning regardless of how technically genius he is. i'm not a lawyer but it is apparent that in the event of when this is in the trial court, the judge will absolve this case for you can not establish a proof beyond reasonable doubt.hahahahaha

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    No worries sir GTi, we are here in a public forum for healthy discussion. You are right sir in terms of the top speed may differ for a modified vehicle but it really depends on the rear end gear and final gear ratio of a transmission. If the transmission has a spare to squeeze out before it reaches its limitation then it can pushes more speed. Gear ratio computation is not base on the power of the engine but rather what the transmission of a vehicle can give out. Unfornately, i wasnt pertaining to top speed but rather a desired speed, we all know the dmax is blessed to not having a factory installed speed limiter, so its skies the limit without added devices to override the speed cut. To simplify this matter, lets limit ourselves to the 1st gear of an ordinary sedan. At a normal 1600cc sedan, the max speed you can achieve on a 1st gear is 60kph(more or less) due to the rev limiter and limitation of the gear set up of the transmission. It doesnt mean if the engine is modified that said sedan can go beyond 60kph on 1st gear. its not the engine's power that dictates the speed of a vehicle but its the role of the tranny. Tranny transmit the power of the engine to the axle and eventually to the tires. A ferrari engine with a civic tranny cant go beyond 280kph but civic engine and a ferrari tranny can go beyond 280kph.i hope i was able to explain it clearly.

your fastest speed [ISUZU vehicles]