just noticed the fluid level on my XUV, while the engine is OFF, the level was above "H" marking, just close to twisted part of deepstick, when i start the engine, switch to all gear train and back to park position, the fluid level just between "C" and "H".....
this morning, while the engine is OFF, i drained few amounts of fluid about 0.8 liter, just put the fluid level in "H" marking, then start the engine, switch to all gear train and back to park position, check the fluid level, its empty, no trace of fluid on deepstick, even after few minutes, no sign of fluid in deepstick...was my ATF become low, or it is normal to ATF that while the engine is OFF, the tendency of all fluid goes down to pan thats why it become high in level above "H" marking. The reason why i drained few amounts is just thinking it should be like in engine oil, just only put in "H" level marking while the engine is OFF.
Some say that the correct measure was while the engine is on idle, it should be fall between "C and "H" marking, regardless the engine is cold or warm...did you guys check your ATF while the engine is OFF.