New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi all. I would like to inquire as to what this part is for on my 2003 Crosswind XUV. I can't seem to find out what the purpose for this part is.

It's attached to the air filter canister, located in between the air filter canister and to the tube where the air is supposed to be entering (around the driver side wheel well).

I removed this from my xwind and noticed a slight increase in power and better fuel consumption (from 11km/li to 12.9km/li) I just hope that what I did wasn't dangerous.

Eto pics nito.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    restrictions yan sir !! purpose nyan para cold air ang mahigop ng engine ..

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    If Im not mistaken that is an air box intake resonator that will give your engine off or reduce amount of noise possible. The reason for that is, factory airbox are so restrictive and car designers need to do that because of noise restriction. Sure if you remove that it will increase performance since it flows more air to the combustion chamber.

No problem even if you remove that, you can hear and feel engine a little bit louder and stronger. Why not change your air filter to a cone shape?

aside from that, thats the reason why you car forge your xwind thru headlight-level waters--yan yung built-in snorkle!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's also the factory CAI (cold air intake) solution. Check if it is designed to get air from the front fender away from the engine heat inside the hood.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Tama hinala ko. Ganun din iniisip ko na pampalamig sya ng hangin and might work as a prefilter for large dust particles as well siguro. The only thing is, muhang too much restrictions na nga ang location where the air intake tube is (inside the front driver side fender), tapos dinagdagan pa ng restrictions. Underpowered na nga ang xwind.

Pero ganun rin,I'm sure the boys at Isuzu wouldn't have put this there if there was no purpose. hehe.

Thank you all for your replies. I don't think I'm putting it back in muna, I'm planning to replace my air filter with K&N filters.

*overboost
    Tama rin pero the air under the hood isn't that hot rin. But still, cooler air is still better. Just can't help to love the added power and the increased mileage. :o)

What is this part for?