New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I recently acquired a 2002 Crosswind XUVI Auto and I have just been averaging 7 km/L city driving or just about 300 kms on a full tank. Is this normal for this type of car?

I expected more (like around 10 km/L or at least 400 kms on a full tank) so should I take it to a dealer to have an engine analysis or should I check/replace something first myself before doing so?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jayofdonpedro View Post
    I recently acquired a 2002 Crosswind XUVI Auto and I have just been averaging 7 km/L city driving or just about 300 kms on a full tank. Is this normal for this type of car?

I expected more (like around 10 km/L or at least 400 kms on a full tank) so should I take it to a dealer to have an engine analysis or should I check/replace something first myself before doing so?
    From my experience, it should average between 9-10kms/liter (city). When was the last time it was changed oil? If unsure, have it changed oil (replace fuel, oil and air filters). That may just do the trick.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on the traffic and condition. 7-8 km/l is not awfully abnormal, considering 8-10 in rush-hour traffic is normal for the MT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thank you for all your replies. I will try to change the oil, air & fuel filters and hope it will make a difference.

What is fuel consumption of 2002 Xwind XUVI A/T city driving?