New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I sort of disagree that making different cars for different markets is a form of discrimination. I think it is just necessary to make different variants for different markets as different countries have different road conditions and a different marketing behaviour.
    road conditions?

"marketing behavior"?

it's not about road conditions and "marketing behavior"

it's about regulations

automakers have products they couldnt sell in countries with strict emissions and safety (crash) standards but they can sell them in countries without strict regulations

automakers can get away with selling lower cost, less safe, higher emission automobiles in Asian, South American, African markets coz they aren't required to meet standards

but they have to build safer, lower emission, higher cost automobiles for North American and EU markets. if they don't comply they couldnt be those markets

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    trying exporting a PUJ to the US

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    road conditions?

"marketing behavior"?

it's not about road conditions and "marketing behavior"

it's about regulations

automakers have products they couldnt sell in countries with strict emissions and safety (crash) standards but they can sell them in countries without strict regulations

automakers can get away with selling lower cost, less safe, higher emission automobiles in Asian, South American, African markets coz they aren't required to meet standards

but they have to build safer, lower emission, higher cost automobiles for North American and EU markets. if they don't comply they couldnt be those markets
    Oh sorry that I forgot govt legislations as it is always a given limiting factor. I was just pointing out the technical differences in different market spec cars to point out that they are not always the same thats why we cant easily have global spec cars. then that answers your question on discrimination then. It should have been our government's task to be stricter if we want world class cars as you wished. sorry for the lack of info..i am aware that our PUJ wont be allowed in the US

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    US market Isuzu commercial van

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
what can you say about ISUZU PHIL. TODAY??? :nonono: