New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    YES, YES, YES, for me....
    One Word Is Enough For the WISE Man.
    Kung ayaw mo ng ISUZU di huwag mong bilhin di naman yata kayo pinipilit na bilhin. <bwahahaha>

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S.C._28 View Post
    YES, YES, YES, for me....
    One Word Is Enough For the WISE Man.
    Kung ayaw mo ng ISUZU di huwag mong bilhin di naman yata kayo pinipilit na bilhin. <bwahahaha>
    Wala naman ata nagpupumilit na bilhin Isuzu eh, kaya wala din dapat magalit kasi yung reation dito is about Isuzu Phil as a compay and how they seem to be not giving the Filipinos their "better products" as of late. Sayang ba sa benta kahit papaano.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one time I talked to a Japanese acquaintance of mine. I asked him how are isuzu cars/vans doing in japan.
    sabi nya, wala daw isuzu passenger vehicles sa japan, kasi puro trucks and buses and heavy equipment vehicles ang ginagawa ng isuzu sa japan. nagulat nga sya na minamaneho ko e isuzu minivan (crosswind).

so kung mismo sa isuzu hq sa japan eh di sila ganun ka active or ka interesado sa pag-gawa ng passenger vehicles, eh wag na tayo siguro masyado mag expect sa local counterpart nila. yung mga passenger vehicles nila like the crosswind and the alterra were not japanese creations but originated in thailand/indonesia. yung trooper/vehicross and isuzu Mu naman esa american market. we're lucky in a sense that isuzu hasn't pulled the plug for their local sales of passenger vehicles. dito naman yata pinas ang bread and butter nila are the isuzu trucks and mini trucks. and when it comes to durability, nothing beats their engines. ang lagi ko nadidinig sa mga may ari ng haulers na nag ooperate ng trucking business, sira na yung kaha, tumatakbo pa yung makina. so I guess that speaks a lot in terms of their engine durability. it might be old school, mabagal accelerate, and matagtag at maingay, but heck it wouldnt fail you sa hatakan, kargahan ng mabigat and matagal na andaran.
    if you want something nice to drive, something that would accelerate very fast, and that will hum quietly, get something else. but be ready to deal with the quirks of maintaining its engine.

just my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I think Isuzu Phils is just being conservative on their product lineup. Isuzu may not want to bring in their high tech products or whatever you want to call it and just decided to stick with their jurassic lineup because they are still meeting their sales target. They may have better Isuzu products in other countries which isnt available here partly because they dont want to join that cut throat market of high horsepower high torque output trump card games where their competitors are in at the moment. Just like what a lot of you mentioned earlier, Isuzu engines are jurassic and durable and it is still selling pretty well. They have their own niche market which they monopolize at the moment. so why bother bring in other products which you are not sure of its selling success? Isuzu Philippines lineup is aimed for 3rd world market? then i think its because we are 3rd world. If we complain that Isuzu isnt bringing in their hi tech products here, it just means that their market study is showing that we are not a big market potential and its showing that jurassic and durable is the way to go for them. For these big companies its always numbers game. Its always about sales volumes. Its always about hitting targets.

Just to show another example, Land Rover will soon be putting an end to their iconic Defender after more than 60 years in production. It will be replaced by the DC100 concept and it caused a lot of fury to Land Rover afficionados and saying why kill the old Defender? Answer is simple, the company isnt selling enough Defenders anymore hence they need a new model. This time its the other way around, Land Rover is going to make a new and Hitech Defender but people wanted the Jurassic and Durable Defender hence they were complaining. You cant please everyone.

but at the end of the day, its always the market that would dictate which products you should be selling.

just my thoughts.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    do you think we deserve the jurassic trucks???
    do you think phil. will progress if filipinos will still patronize these jurassic trucks(i mean overprice trucks)???
    come on tsikoters!!!
    give me your best shot :D

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Dito nga sa amin sa Bicol...puro Isuzu Giga truck ang humahakot ng mga kopra at niyog....tama yung isa nating ka bros, giba na ang kaha pero yung makina,humahatak pa...

saka kahit saan ka pumuntang kontinente,lagi kang may makikitang Isuzu truck....

saka kaya ang kinuha ko ay Isuzu,kasi pangmatagalan ko na eto e...pwede ako kumuha adventure or innova,pero as per my experience at pagsasaliksik,...na rebuild na mga makina ng mga yan,pero sa Isuzu,hindi pa...at dito sa europe,maiingay din mga trucks nila,kasi de timing gear din...

mahilig lang talaga ang iba sa atin sa newest technology,pero ayaw man nating aminin,na unreliable ang mga newest cars ngayon,dahil sa mga electronics na naka koneksyon sa makina nito...

sabi nga sa kasabihan, "Computers...although 100% accurate...but less reliable like human"...it is subject for physical failure kaya kadalasan palit,unlike mechanical,pwede magawan paraan...

kaya nga dito sa amin sa barko,pag naguusap tungkol sa tibay at less maintenance ng mga sasakyan,tameme ang mga kasama kong naka Montero,kasi aminado sila malakas sa MAINTENANCE sasakyan nila....nadala kasi sila dahil uso at sa more torque and additional features...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    ^ok po sana old design and technology dahil subok na talagang matibay. wag lang sana sila maningil ng ginto sa mga sasakyan nila. grabe eh

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by robin_micmac View Post
    I think Isuzu Phils is just being conservative on their product lineup. Isuzu may not want to bring in their high tech products or whatever you want to call it and just decided to stick with their jurassic lineup because they are still meeting their sales target. They may have better Isuzu products in other countries which isnt available here partly because they dont want to join that cut throat market of high horsepower high torque output trump card games where their competitors are in at the moment. Just like what a lot of you mentioned earlier, Isuzu engines are jurassic and durable and it is still selling pretty well. They have their own niche market which they monopolize at the moment. so why bother bring in other products which you are not sure of its selling success? Isuzu Philippines lineup is aimed for 3rd world market? then i think its because we are 3rd world. If we complain that Isuzu isnt bringing in their hi tech products here, it just means that their market study is showing that we are not a big market potential and its showing that jurassic and durable is the way to go for them. For these big companies its always numbers game. Its always about sales volumes. Its always about hitting targets.

Just to show another example, Land Rover will soon be putting an end to their iconic Defender after more than 60 years in production. It will be replaced by the DC100 concept and it caused a lot of fury to Land Rover afficionados and saying why kill the old Defender? Answer is simple, the company isnt selling enough Defenders anymore hence they need a new model. This time its the other way around, Land Rover is going to make a new and Hitech Defender but people wanted the Jurassic and Durable Defender hence they were complaining. You cant please everyone.

but at the end of the day, its always the market that would dictate which products you should be selling.

just my thoughts.
    I agree on this one....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Yes, I also agree.

It is a reasonable, logical and sane conclusion to reach.

I much prefer it over some of what I perceive as "kneejerk" reactions posted.

That's the way I see it, anyway.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.
    Last edited by Uncle Nick; December 26th, 2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling error

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cnxpr08 View Post
    do you think we deserve the jurassic trucks???
    do you think phil. will progress if filipinos will still patronize these jurassic trucks(i mean overprice trucks)???
    come on tsikoters!!!
    give me your best shot :D
    it's not a matter of whether we deserve these "jurassic" trucks or not, it's a marketing decision.
    besides, the hi-tech engines of isuzu also need hi-tech fuel, meaning cleaner diesel grades.
    kausap ko mechanic, ang diesel daw sa japan, is water-white na halos, and is free of contaminants.
    pag dinala mo dito yun mga hitech na diesel engines isuzu, , tigok sigurado yung mga makina na yun sa dumi ng diesel natin. (w/c is what happened to the isuzu trooper CRDI) . so, in a sense they're just giving us the engine models that suits our fuel quality, but these engines, no matter how jurassic, still are very durable and reliable. now as to the price, they just follow the simple marketing rule of thumb - squeeze for as long as you can squeeze as long the the buyers can tolerate it. kaya they price it that high. ganun lang kasimple yan bro.

now if only we Filipinos can build our own diesel engines, trucks and vehicles... by investing in heavy machineries, metallurgical industries, and harvesting and using OUR own iron ores (w/c is being exported to Japan and other parts of the world by the way!)
    now that would be REAL progress!. dami nating natural resources, just to go mindanao and see the boatloads of iron ore being shipped out.
    o well...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
what can you say about ISUZU PHIL. TODAY??? :nonono: