New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    I don't see why not? They do recommend that distilled water to be used as radiator fluid fo it is clean and free from elements that may cause corrosion.

But IMHO, since the radiator fluid/coolant isn't something that you replace on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis, why not invest on ISUZU's Genuine LLC?

My 2¢ lang naman.
    how much po kaya yung price ng OEM na coolant sa ISUZU? for how long po ito pwedeng gamitin?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by busdriver View Post
    Fisrt of all, PWEDE na ang cooling system WITHOUT coolant. YES, you heard it right WITHOUT coolant.
    Coolant is anti-freeze (para di mag yelo tubig sa loob ng radiator & makina) and anti rust (para kontra kalawang sa mga pipes sa loob ng radiator at bakal ng makina).
    Dito sa Pinas we need the coolant for its ANTI RUST property to counter the highly corrosive steam. Yung ANTI FREEZE, bali wala.
    Ngayon para sa tanong na advisable ba 100% na coolant the answer is NO. Because the coolant itself has poor conduction properties, meaning di magaling magpalamig ang coolant vs. water.
    That's why, as per manufacturer's recommendation 50-50 ang halo with water.
    BRO, tama ang mga nasabi mo pero kulang lang , kung baga half truth lang ang sinasabi mo, baka nakalimutan mo na ang isang properties ng coolant ay it helps to increase ang boiling point at dahil dito nakakatulong ito na masmaabsorve ng tubig ang heat na pinuproduce ng engine.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    how much po kaya yung price ng OEM na coolant sa ISUZU? for how long po ito pwedeng gamitin?
    Hmmm, good question. How much did I pay the last time I had my radiator fluid changed? Let me reconfirm this tomorrow.

As for how long you can use it? 40,000 kms --- every time you perform the "drain all fluid" PMS.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I agree with the above... use proper OEM coolant additive. Don't trust too much on aftermarket additives as they may have chemicals that could prove incompatible with your cooling system.

Also, even with using pure distilled water, it will not stop the corrosion process. Coolant additives are designed to prevent this from happening.
    tol...tanong ko lang...gaano ka nakakasigurado na yung mga OEM coolant additive ang the BEST para sa sasakyan mo..? Hindi naman sila ang may gawa ng mga yun huh...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bat kasi nawala yung search facility ng forums
    anyway...good thing i still found my old posts

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=83235
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=24142&page=2

and added info...
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Distilled_water_corrosive

I once heard in a meeting, sabi nung isang head engineer namin, corrosive daw ang distilled (or was it deionized) water. I found that suprising, but did not question since beterano na yun.

I've made my own brew of engine "coolant" from propylene glycol and some anti-rust additives. These are basically chemicals that prevent the oxidation of iron metal. Add ko lang, yung green or red or pink color ng "coolant" is nothing but a dye to give you a visual indicator na may coolant yung cooling fluid ng radiator mo.

hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Never put a pure coolant, it will boil and overheat your engine. Mix it with distilled water at a rate of 50/50. Water has a boiling point 212 degrees and coolant contents ethyline glycol are much more higher at 278 degrees, plus water will evaporate more quickly and will not provides protection on your engine like rust. Coolant have a rust inhibitors protection to the engine internal parts.

C,mon coolant are inexpensive and it wont hurt you as much as overheating in the middle of nowhere.
    hmmm...teka lang...sa nababasa ko kasi sa likod ng mga coolant na mas mataas ang boiling point ng coolant compared sa water...so do you mean that a pure coolant mixture will boil faster compared to pure water..?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    paki basa nalang po dito, baka makatulong
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coolant

dagdag ko na rin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiator_(engine_cooling)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    One of the most informative replies sa mga threads. Eh paano kung pure distilled water lang ang inilagay sa radiator? As in 0% coolant?
    Pwede rin sir, 100% distilled water, yun nga lang meron "risk" of corrosion ang radiator & engine.
    I said "risk" because there are times during abnormal operations that the water becomes steam and this steam is corrosive.
    Ngayon, bakit "distilled" water? Distilled water is 100% water. Meaning there are no impurities, no minerals. There are occurence when water is boiling that calcification is formed. Ito yung mga puti na parang tartar sa loob ng radiator. This formation, pwede magbara sa pipings ng radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    BRO, tama ang mga nasabi mo pero kulang lang , kung baga half truth lang ang sinasabi mo, baka nakalimutan mo na ang isang properties ng coolant ay it helps to increase ang boiling point at dahil dito nakakatulong ito na masmaabsorve ng tubig ang heat na pinuproduce ng engine.
    Sir, sorry po. Di naman half truth sir. 2/3 truth naman. Nalimutan po. Sorry.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    tol...tanong ko lang...gaano ka nakakasigurado na yung mga OEM coolant additive ang the BEST para sa sasakyan mo..? Hindi naman sila ang may gawa ng mga yun huh...
    Simple common sense... yun ang recommeded sa manual.

Different brands of coolant may offer different proportions of anti-rust properties and other chemicals. But "anti-rust" is a relative term. The idea is, yung coolant additive na ilalagay dapat chemically neutral sa lahat ng materials na dadaanan nito sa loob ng cooling system (metal, aluminum, copper, rubber, maybe even plastics). The chemical should prevent any corrosion from forming. If it's not chemically balanced, it's possible that the coolant additive itself may cause the corrosion. The Isuzu coolant additive (or any OEM coolant additive for that matter) has been designed to be used specifically on their respective engines. They are "Long life" if you use it on engines it is designed for.

Yung mga aftermarket coolants were made to be used on a broad array of different cars, so the chemicals they used may not be ideal for a specific engine.

Case in point, we had a Lancer GLXi from a decade ago. For at least a couple of years, gamit nun yung OEM na long-life coolant from the factory. On its 40k PMS, we decided to drain/change the coolant to Prestone. 3 weeks or a month later, nagleak yung water pump. Coincidence or not, I'm sticking with OEM coolant additives. It may be more expensive (konit lang naman), but this is something that you do only once in a while naman. And not to mention the peace of mind that you get.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Each ISUZU LLC cost around P350 per liter. One may need around 5 liters for every radiator flushing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Water sa Radiator hindi nagbabawas