New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I am about to purchase a Crosswind 2002 XUVI with 68K on it. I noticed that the front bull bar vibrates and is also the same for other similar crosswinds that I have viewed before making this final selection. Is this normal? If it is, can it be tightened so it would not vibrate?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jayofdonpedro View Post
    I am about to purchase a Crosswind 2002 XUVI with 68K on it. I noticed that the front bull bar vibrates and is also the same for other similar crosswinds that I have viewed before making this final selection. Is this normal? If it is, can it be tightened so it would not vibrate?
    Crosswinds NEVER came out with standard bullbars. Ergo, if that bullbar is causing vibration, remove and junk it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jayofdonpedro View Post

Bullbars on crosswinds are aftermarket stuff. They make it look better but generally will NOT help in cases of an accident. Often, they would increase the area of damage when an accident happens.

The reason why it is vibrating is because it is only attached way under the vehicle which results in a weak structure that fails at the slightest of accidents.

Best to remove it and sell it for scrap.

Vibrating front bull bar on Crosswind 02 XUVI