New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *niky: I remember reading a post from you in some other thread about you installing a Unichip on your Crosswind and received a minimal performance gain of 5-10hp. Or was it something else? Pardon me but I'm really not that good with the internals of the car. But would a Unichip work in cars higher up in the Isuzu ladder like the Trooper, Alterra and D-Max?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    *niky: I remember reading a post from you in some other thread about you installing a Unichip on your Crosswind and received a minimal performance gain of 5-10hp. Or was it something else? Pardon me but I'm really not that good with the internals of the car. But would a Unichip work in cars higher up in the Isuzu ladder like the Trooper, Alterra and D-Max?
    Piggyback ecu will work on the 4JX1 and 4JJ1 engines, yung 4JH1 ng 1st release d-max is mechanical I think?

If you want the crosswind to go faster, change the engine to a 4JG2-TC (Power=125ps & torque=325nm) , just don't know if it'll fit. malamang snug fit. Or a 4jb1-t which will surely fit. Tapos differential to accommodate the added power.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    That was the alcohol injection. Another guy got a bigger boost, 10-15 hp worth, so it might just be my turbo.

Like blue gambit says, the Troopers and Alterras can be chipped. There's a cheaper solution than the Unichip for diesels... the VTech Redbox. But I don't know if there's one specifically for Isuzus.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I see, but is the VTech Redbox available here? Does it extract as much power out of the engine as the Unichip? With this in mind, I might consider chipping our Trooper in the future. Oh and is there something wrong with your turbo?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maybe age and wear. That unit I got from my Dad, and he wasn't so keen on regular oil changes. It could also be due to the automatic transmission. Might be slipping too much under boost.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i'd still go for the sportivo!when it comes to the engine, it's reliable even though low charged turbo pa sya and medyo mabagal compared to the innova which has a more faster & comforatable ride but has that a problem with it's d4d engine. sa porma, i'd still prefer the sportivo, the innova is much more lower...just go for what you believe is best for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
turbo?