New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    garyq,
    How much is the Petron All Terrain?
    The last time i asked, Petron all terrain 5w30 was selling at P235/L.

Anong VIC part No na gamit ng 4JX1?
    I can use Vic part no C524 for primary filter which is about P175. Just list your orig isuzu oil filter part no and i'll check what Vic part no is compatible.

Where is Walco, Banawe? Do they carry isuzu parts at prices below that of casa?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    change oil: (corrections are welcome)

new oil filter was half-filled with oil before installation.

New oil was poured in about 10 hours.

cranked the engine four times, (30-second interval was observed) before finally starting the engine, normally as I would.

Observations:

the oil pressure gauge is less than the half-way mark as it was in besco during idle.

The engine starts faster, even in these cold early morning weather

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    redhorse,

How do you crank the engine without starting it?

After i change oil, the engine starts on the first crank but stops due to low oil pressure. It then runs normally on the second start.

My oil pressure is at halfway mark when the engine is cold and idling then drops to less than half after the engine oil has warmed up.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jackaroo,

it's similar to a failed start, by not going all the way (with all the lights on at the instrument panel, and a lighter twist, just once, then return). On the 5th, its like starting a fuego. But the next day and thereafter, I resumed to the way I start its engine.

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    Whats the difference between 5w40, 5w30 and the Phoenix Zoelo Extreme 15w40 (CI-4/SL)
    the one that i'm using now, i was given a free sample of Seaoil Extreme Mako 5w40 with BlueSynth Tech, it's my first time to use fully synthetic oil, thanks for the reply

6. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD5267 View Post
    Whats the difference between 5w40, 5w30 and the Phoenix Zoelo Extreme 15w40 (CI-4/SL)
    the one that i'm using now, i was given a free sample of Seaoil Extreme Mako 5w40 with BlueSynth Tech, it's my first time to use fully synthetic oil, thanks for the reply

I just sold my trooper, In 10 years of having it didn't gave me major problem. It clocked 225,000KM when I let it go. I used 10w30 / 5w30 Besco or Royal purple. Dont ever use 15w40, it's too thick for crdi engine, it will damage your injector in the long run.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi rod 13 - I have a 2013 trooper, and have been using Besco 10w30 oil. Recently tried using isuzu's 10w30 (econo) oil, and have not experienced any problems. Any comment on this oil type?
    Also, what would be the best interval to change RPS as part of normal preventive maintenance? I also need advise on my turbo charger! as it se ms to leak oil(?) [_ thanks, edvizc. ....QUOTE=rod13;2727076]I just sold my trooper, In 10 years of having it didn't gave me major problem. It clocked 225,000KM when I let it go. I used 10w30 / 5w30 Besco or Royal purple. Dont ever use 15w40, it's too thick for crdi engine, it will damage your injector in the long run.[/QUOTE]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo View Post
    Guys,

Finally had the Besco 10w30 oil sample tested at a laboratory. Test results as follows, using same ASTM standards as other oils:
    viscosity at 40C : 64.77
    Viscosity at 100C: 9.89
    TBN : 14.2

IMO, this is closer to a 5w30 oil but with very high TBN, which is necessary given the high sulfur content of our diesel fuel. I think Petron's synth, all terrain 5w30, will be a viable alternative for our 4JX-1 engines. The 5w30 synth has viscosity of 74.3 at 40C, 12.06 at 100C, TBN of 16- even better than Besco! :D

I'm planning to test used samples of the 5w30 synth oil to see if i can extend drain intervals over the usual 5Tkm.

Has anyone been using Petron's all terrain 5w30 in their 4JX1 trooper engines? Hope you find oil test useful.
    For my Alterra with 40k mileage, I use Mobil Delvac 5w 40. It sounds like new :-)

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by edvizc View Post
    Hi rod 13 - I have a 2013 trooper, and have been using Besco 10w30 oil. Recently tried using isuzu's 10w30 (econo) oil, and have not experienced any problems. Any comment on this oil type?
    Also, what would be the best interval to change RPS as part of normal preventive maintenance? I also need advise on my turbo charger! as it se ms to leak oil(?) [_ thanks, edvizc. ....QUOTE=rod13;2727076]I just sold my trooper, In 10 years of having it didn't gave me major problem. It clocked 225,000KM when I let it go. I used 10w30 / 5w30 Besco or Royal purple. Dont ever use 15w40, it's too thick for crdi engine, it will damage your injector in the long run.
    [/QUOTE]

Sir 15w-40 oil WILL NOT DAMAGE DIESEL injectors on crdi engines especially the 3.0ltr engine.
    What damages inje8ctors is low quality fuel, failure to replace fuel filters when needed.
    If 15w-40 oil damages injectors then almost all dmaxes in Australia would have had issues by now as many have passed the 200k mileage with no issues and still using 15w-40 oil.

Isuzu oil Besco 10w-30 is similar to 15w-40 ok.when it comes to heat and performance that's why it does not suggest any other 10w-30 oil aside from Besco. All the rest it suggests in manuel are 15w-40 oil and all are mineral oils.not semi or fully synthetic.
    In fact the new Delo 400mgx 15w-40 is better than some semi synthetic oils and it's mineral oil.
    Some prefer 10w-30, 5w-40 or 15w-40 All these weights were tested on crdi engines and never was mention of damage to injectors especially in modern Direct fuel injection diesels.
    Besco brand is a great oil but still not the best compared to some other brands.
    If you find any info concerning 15w-40 damaging fuel injectors please post it.
    God bless you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trooper's Besco 10w30 lab test results