New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Guys,

Finally had the Besco 10w30 oil sample tested at a laboratory. Test results as follows, using same ASTM standards as other oils:
    viscosity at 40C : 64.77
    Viscosity at 100C: 9.89
    TBN : 14.2

IMO, this is closer to a 5w30 oil but with very high TBN, which is necessary given the high sulfur content of our diesel fuel. I think Petron's synth, all terrain 5w30, will be a viable alternative for our 4JX-1 engines. The 5w30 synth has viscosity of 74.3 at 40C, 12.06 at 100C, TBN of 16- even better than Besco! :D

I'm planning to test used samples of the 5w30 synth oil to see if i can extend drain intervals over the usual 5Tkm.

Has anyone been using Petron's all terrain 5w30 in their 4JX1 trooper engines? Hope you find oil test useful.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the info...

Sa filter, what replacement brand you're using now?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    redhorse,

Still using isuzu oem oil filters due to warranty constraints. My friend has used the "Vic" replacement for the primary oil filter without any problems.

I'm using the "Vic" replacement for the air filter, same size and no dust problem in the intake hose.

What oil are you using now?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    besco, still.

Right now DIY na ako sa change oil for Fuego, next Trooper.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the info. :DThanks for the info. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bought yesterday 8 liters of Petron's All Terrain 5w 30 diesel oil, anyone used this on trooper?

Baka gamitin ko ito bukas pag sinipag ako uli na mag DIY, change oil this time. I have with me now the Oil and Fuel filters, both isuzu original.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Redhorse,

I've been using Petron's 5w30 since Dec. Engine feels smoother running at 140kph on star tollway. Start-up on cold mornings about the same, 2 sec crank. Not much smoke from exhaust, no less than Besco. Other friends using the oil in their troopers have no complaints.

Are you changing both filters? Plan to try "Vic" oil filters on my next oil change.

How much did you get your oil? Bought it last dec for P225/ liter but think it increased this jan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jackaroo,

Wow, sayang, its +15 pesos now per liter.

Thanks for the reply.

Jackaroo: The test results are very helpful. How much is the Petron All Terrain? I've been using VIC sa ibang car ko before and even up to now on my Honda Civic HB but in my Big Horn orig Isuzu pa rin ako which is around Php 800. Yung VIC around Php 480. 4JG2 engine ko. 402 ata yung oil filter. Anong VIC part No na gamit ng 4JX1? OK yung info mo coz I've been reading so many threads on this CD oil that Isuzu is recommending. May guarantee waiver sa Trooper pag ibang oil ginamit di ba? Sa last PMS ko I used orig oil filter, air filter and replacement fuel filter. Sa WALCO Banawe ko binili.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Recomended rin ang 15W40 sa Diesel engines. :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trooper's Besco 10w30 lab test results