New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi guys, how could you know the fuel consumption of the Trooper LS 2002 4JX1 TC in city and highway diving? thanks guys.

and what is the good engine oil and filter for this? thanks guys.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Just like any other car. Set the digital tripmeter to zero by pushing the button on the speedometer once to get from the odometer reading to the tripmeter and press it again for a longer time for it to reset. At the gas station, fill up to full tank and see how many liters were filled. Then divide number of kilometers traveled to number of liters filled. I have never been able to measure pure city driving since we don't fill up to full tank unless we go out of town. But in mixed highway and city driving (Baguio trip including going around Baguio for a few days) our Trooper yielded approximately 7.5km/L.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JhunTrooper View Post
    Hi guys, how could you know the fuel consumption of the Trooper LS 2002 4JX1 TC in city and highway diving? thanks guys.

and what is the good engine oil and filter for this? thanks guys.
    You can use the "traditional way" wherein:

1) Set a target -- say 100 kms.
    2) Fill the fuel tank to the brim
    3) Put your trip meter to "0"
    4) Run the vehicle -- let's say city driving first.
    5) After achieving the target mileage, fill the tank up again to the brim
    6) Note the # of liters required to fill to the brim.
    7) Divide the 100 (target) over the # of liters (step 6)

That should roughly give you an idea on your consumption. Do the same on highway and mixed road conditions.

As for the type of engine oil and filter to use, I suggest you still use ISUZU Genuine Parts -- BESCO for engine oil and ISUZU filters.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thank you guys for the useful tips,

what about the petron all terrain 5w 30, is this also good for 4jx1? coz i always reading a thread regarding this oil and most of them saying is good for 4jx1, what should i expect?,,, any suggestion guys? thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sir Benz, I could not get the trip meter back to zero. Does it mean it's broken? I pulled and push the pin but numbers won't budge.

Trooper LS 2002 4JX1 TC-how could you know the fuel consumption?