New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    mga sir, first time ko mag pms out of casa and i got a bit confused dun sa oil capacity ng 4jx na engine, ano po ba nag tamang quantity ng oil needed? 7.5 kasi and 10 liters basa ko dun sa manual... parang exag ata? sana po kasi ako sa oto lang which is only 4 liters

any other things i should do aside from having the filter cleaned, check other oils and brake pads? 10K kms ang tinatakbo ng oto.

thanks mga bossing!

Kung yun ang nakalagay sa manual then it's the correct qty. Normally 2 quantities are listed, one when you change the oil only and the other when you change the oil and oil filter. Sa 3.1, 4JG2 na engine like mine it's 5 and 6 liters. Iba ang fuel injection syst ng 4Jx1 so possible na 7.5 and 10 L.

You can also consult your owner's manual kung ano pa yung gagawin. It's listed there. Normally clean the air filter, check other fluids like PS fluid, radiator water, brake fluid, etc.

HTH!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Add mo ang oil pan capacity at oil fiter capacity to get the correct figure.

Then check your dipstick afterwards.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    4JX1 oil change uses 7.3L to 8L. Have to use thin diesel oil, like 5w30 or 10w30, not a 15w40 oil- otherwise it'll be hard starting, smokey.
    Also, use the oem oil filters(both) or Vic C524 for the primary filter. Can't clean the air filter since it's the "viscous type", just replace every 10k km.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo View Post
    4JX1 oil change uses 7.3L to 8L. Have to use thin diesel oil, like 5w30 or 10w30, not a 15w40 oil- otherwise it'll be hard starting, smokey.
    Also, use the oem oil filters(both) or Vic C524 for the primary filter. Can't clean the air filter since it's the "viscous type", just replace every 10k km.
    and also replace the fuel filter every 10k due to poor diesel quality.

Trooper GURUs