New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I need your opinions. I used to have a Dmax 4x4 and am using a 2003 Trooper Skyroof 4x2. I'm planning to replace the Trooper with a Sorento diesel. Is this a smart move? I would like to have a 4x4 if and when the need arises. I sometimes go light offroading and the Trooper is only 4x2.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Sorento looks good on the outside, and based on the videos I've seen, it can play well in mud. But the drawback for me is the very cheap interior.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on what "light offroading" means to you...

Kung mga dirt roads lang naman... yakang yaka yan ng Trooper. Though siguro an upgrade to A/T tires might be a good idea...

Pero kung medyo muddy terrain na... mukhang ok namang ang Sorento... na test yata nila CarloCarAddict mag mud bath using a Sorento.

Sa interior ng Sorento... yung EX version medyo cheap nga... mas ok ng konti ang LX version (wood grain)... leather seats na lang talaga ang kulang. Pero as to materials used... hindi siya nalalayo from a Trooper / Gen 2.5 Pajero.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's not just the off-roading ability... but you're moving from a 1992 design to a 2003 one.

there are tremendous advances in crash safety, refinement, and styling from a trooper to a sorento, for example.

ergo, in my opinion, trooper to sorento is a reasonable move.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    depends on what you need really. but if you're itching to get another 4wd, why not? value for money ang sorrento. besides, konting bihis lang, ok na.

OT: sir dieselx, fit ba yung air filter element ng Trooper mo sa DMAX? kasi i'm looking for an after-market air filter. last time i checked ang available lang ay yung pang Trooper/ Crosswind e.

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorento for me. I've read somewhere that it has pass US, Euro safety and emission standards.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sir Ian Rex, I haven't tried to compare the filters of my Tropper and the Dmax. I already sold the Dmax last month.

I sometimes have to go to the mountains with unpredictable roads so I guess the Sorento is capable enough.

Some people say that why a "downgrade" to a Sorento from a Trooper. I agree with you guys about the 1993 versus a 2003 model with all the safety issues addressed. I'm inclined on the higher end EX 2.5 diesel.

Any bad comments from Sorento owners in Tsikot?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ok naman sorento based on published and claimed specs, i myself would want a sorento kasi ganda ng exterior maporma,bulky, siga ang dating.
    im using my rav4 4x4 off roading, sa putikan o muddy terrain, ok naman, linis nga lang after kasi dumi sa ilalim

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    and with the revised twin kidney grill design of the sorento, you could even be mistaken for an X3/X5 :bwahaha:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    before drive ko Trooper 4jx1 but pinalitan ko for Nissan Xtrail, i think i made a right move... if you're planning to move to Kia Sorento i think mas ok good review ang Sorento sa US but the downside is no re sale value ang Sorento.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trooper 4x2 to Sorento?